Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Took the plunge

Old 06-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Default Took the plunge

and bought a drop-a-way rest. Not sure why but I suppose because it was available.[&:] After weighing the pros and cons of archers shooting all kinds of drop-a-ways I dropped some money for the QAD Ultra. "Jeff B's" positive comments along with "thenuge", and a nearby pro shop that also swears by them convinced me to give this particular rest a try. Gonna keep Len's statement about increasing spring tension noted when I start tuning it.

If I don't like it I have nobody to blame but me AND Jeff B for starters!!!![8D]

Any advice from anyone very familiar with setting up drop-a-ways is welcome............I love shortcuts.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Took the plunge

I don't know if I said this earlier but the guy at my shop said that out of 45 he has put on 22 of them shot bullet holes w/o making any adjustment. I just got it because I needed a rest that fully contained the arrow, and this is the only drop-away (to my knowledge) that doesn't go down when you let-down your bow. I haven't heard anything about the spring tension issue. Also if you have any question email them and somebody will get back to you that day. I have sent three emails in one day and got very informative replys to them within two hours everytime! I think this rest is awesome and not only is it selling well in the shop I go to but everyone that works there has it on their bow as well.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure Len would give you a helpen hand with this rest if you need it ,these guy's in the know are always willing to lend a helpen hand when one of us need's it.

nubo
Old 06-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

and bought a drop-a-way rest. Not sure why but I suppose because it was available.[&:] After weighing the pros and cons of archers shooting all kinds of drop-a-ways I dropped some money for the QAD Ultra. "Jeff B's" positive comments along with "thenuge", and a nearby pro shop that also swears by them convinced me to give this particular rest a try. Gonna keep Len's statement about increasing spring tension noted when I start tuning it.

If I don't like it I have nobody to blame but me AND Jeff B for starters!!!![8D]

Any advice from anyone very familiar with setting up drop-a-ways is welcome............I love shortcuts.

here's some advice....

Good luck

Let me know if ya have any probs. Follow the instructions, but don't use the cable clamp..it sucks. It works best when set to fall immediately as the string comes forward.