Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 This just in-  Physics proves WB superior >

This just in- Physics proves WB superior

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

This just in- Physics proves WB superior

Old 06-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default This just in- Physics proves WB superior

Don't trust me, read here
Old 06-17-2004, 06:04 PM

Default RE: This just in- Physics proves WB superior

uh oh....

Old 06-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great googlie mooglie! I can see this one turning into a 3 page debate.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:14 PM

I can't believe you read that whole thing Range. You need help bro
Old 06-17-2004, 08:38 PM

I thought that this guy was gonna be a phony but that really makes sense and i am really thinking about getting a WB on my bow when i get it.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:44 PM

I accept that a rest that can get out of the way as soon as possible can be beneficial to improving arrow speed and flight.

However; a rest that surrounds an arrow and makes full contact with the entire diameter and length of the shaft and contact with all fletching/vanes that actually improves speed, flight, penetration....superior penetration, etc.

I have a bridge for sale. Article reads like seller/dealer propaganda
Old 06-17-2004, 09:15 PM

if the shaft bends (flexes) and the fletchings don't contact the rest at exactly the same time his rudimentary understanding of physics gets wolloped. also the idea that the contact is 'stretching' the shaft while it continues to move forward guided by the tip - thus straightening its flight, doesn't really add up - except for the 5 seconds i was falling for the sales pitch. but i've shot one - and i personally know its not as accurate as the tt, nap4000, of bodoodle game dropper for me.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe the WB is a good rest, but a couple week's ago when I was in my local shop I seen a guy bring in his arrow's to get re-fletched because of the mess his fletching's were in. Maybe he wasn't doing something right ,I don't know but it sure scared me away from that rest when I looked at his fletching's every fletching was shaved and fuzzy looking .For a rest that does that I'd be investing in a fletcher as well as the rest.

nubo
Old 06-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I accept that a rest that can get out of the way as soon as possible can be beneficial to improving arrow speed and flight.

However; a rest that surrounds an arrow and makes full contact with the entire diameter and length of the shaft and contact with all fletching/vanes that actually improves speed, flight, penetration....superior penetration, etc.

Dang! And here I thought that article was gonna make a believer out of c903[&:]

Would he have gained more credability if he didn't have sasquatch on his background?
Old 06-17-2004, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: c903

Sounds about as believable as a buck being spooked by soft throat grunts at over a mile

Quick Reply: This just in- Physics proves WB superior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.