Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 This just in-  Physics proves WB superior >

This just in- Physics proves WB superior

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

This just in- Physics proves WB superior

Old 06-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This just in- Physics proves WB superior

It is a fine rest and very accurate......and I got groups to prove it !
CBM's quote above has me wondering how with results like his, and many others including 5 shot and Pinwheel12, including the target guy from AT who shot or was going to shoot it at Vegas (Jim Despart?), how can naysayers dispute their results?

Are you suggesting they'd shoot better with a "real" rest? And if so, how do you explain that they actually don't? I mean, if it's accurate enough for Vegas, how much more accuracy do you need?

Sure, it goes against traditional and conventional wisdom, but how do you argue with the results?

I don't use one (yet ), just curious how you answer this...
Old 06-18-2004, 10:01 AM

You can take an untuned bow that shoots corckscrew arrows to Vegas...and WIN provided it's a constant corkscrew (which I can speak from experience isn't that difficult to acheive) and a relatively good archer.

I don't dispute that the WB has it's place but is it as effiecient, easy to tune and worth the damage to fletch?... many obviously think so.

If it's containment you want...

I can't get over, inmy head, the simple gact that all the time I've spent working on vane clearance and than this? Nope...not for me. Call it closed minded or call it principle but I won't use one.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Call it closed minded or call it principle but I won't use one.
Come on Kelly you know deep down you want one[:-]
Old 06-18-2004, 10:31 AM

You can take an untuned bow that shoots corckscrew arrows to Vegas...and WIN provided it's a constant corkscrew (which I can speak from experience isn't that difficult to acheive) and a relatively good archer.
Consistant is the key word - thats all a rest needs to be - IF a rest can consistantly cork screw an arrow the exact same every time - why would one argue it cant do the same with an arrow in good flight???

If one can tune bh's with the rest - the Wisker does have some great hunting advantages - I just don't see why everyone gets bent out of shape over it.

Because I Can guarantee many folks are shooting dropaways that are effecting and limiting their arrows performance much more than a WB is.......................
Old 06-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

full contact with the entire diameter and length of the shaft
Thats not how the WB rest works . They work good for me on all but one bow I set up , seem to work better with feathers , feathers seem to work better on everything for me .

cough, cough, bulls**t, cough, cough!
Had to laugh , the guy does make them sound like they are majic or something .
Old 06-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I did not read the article yet but received quite a bit of enjoyment out of reading all of the responses. Let me ask the you folks this.....why do you think so many folks have so much of an issue with this rest when it seems to work so well for so many?

I do not use one though I have set up dozens for customers. Maybe it is time threw one on one of my bows....just to see why there is such a drastic difference of opinion with this one.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:48 AM

I'll never own a hunting bow without a biscuit on it. That being said, that article is just silly.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr
Let me ask the you folks this.....why do you think so many folks have so much of an issue with this rest when it seems to work so well for so many?
Don't know. Shop sells a pile of them too. Most guys of course can't hit the broadside of a barn (including myself on plenty of occasions), but the rest seems capable of good accuracy for those who can achieve it.

I suspect it's like some folks who absolutely hate single cams...the whole mechanics/engineering/technical aspect of it flies in the face of logic.

I'm a firm believer in "no contact", but I give credit where credit is due..CAP has gone from a nobody to taking up a big chunk of the arrow rest market in the past couple of years...I don't care to shoot one, but there's alot of stuff I don't care to shoot and yet still think is good equipment. :shrug:
Old 06-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Frank, when you get right down to it, I think it's that people have been going for so long now, spending hundreds of dollars on new bows and gizmos that promise an extra coupla fps over their old stuff... are constantly shaving grains off their arrow weights... have eliminated any and all string accessories they can possibly do without - even spending outrageous sums on optical doodads to replace their peep sights... and the obsession with eliminating all fletching contact. (While continuing to handicap their own efforts by using plastic vanes instead of feathers, I might add.)

Now, lo and behold, along comes a rest that guarantees a LOSS in arrow speed... that guarantees 100% fletching contact. The entire concept of the rest is totally at odds with popular wisdom. For a fact, the card carrying members of the need-4-speed brotherhood are never going to accept it.

My objection to the original style was that the arrow had to be loaded from one end or the other and there was no such thing as being able to do a quick reload for a possible followup shot. The sideloading feature they've added eliminates my problem with the rest.

Uh... actually I do have one other problem with WB's. The fact that they're priced about double what I'd be willing to pay for one. [&:]
Old 06-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Well I think there's a lot of middle ground of "relative terms" in archery.

When someone says, "It's the most accurate rest I've ever used...", that begs the question of what sort of accuracy did you have to start with? Was it from an out-of-tune setup, and then with the addition of a new rest with more of a correct setup did you see an improvement? Was that because of the rest or of the better tune of the entire system?

Was it from a fairly "iffy-skilled" archer? Was that comment from a highly skilled archer? Who knows.

Obviously the WB can perform well. Jimmy D has shown that you can use it for intricate target applications, but I don't think you'll see too many of them on the target line as a whole.

I was told that my TT wasn't accurate enough for target applications also....

Always remember that an awesome archer with crappy equipment will almost always (if not all the time) be better than a mediocre archer with the best equipment. The Hooter Shooter proves that again and again- you can spend a fortune on gear and endless time on tuning, but the real gains in accuracy tend to be from improvements in holding, balance, and form in general.

Just my opinion....

Quick Reply: This just in- Physics proves WB superior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.