Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 This just in-  Physics proves WB superior >

This just in- Physics proves WB superior

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

This just in- Physics proves WB superior

Old 06-24-2004, 10:00 AM

Default RE: This just in- Physics proves WB superior

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

To be fair, wouldn't one need to compare the time it takes the arrow to hit home against the combined time the sound reaches the deers ears and it takes it to react?
Maybe he will entertain us with an equation based on the auditory conduction, synapse firing times and muscle twitch speeds of the mythical whitetail

Shoot at a calm deer at normal distances, and I don't care how loud your bow is, if you do your part, the deer's going down.
Well said.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:07 AM

Rangeball :

I was specifically responding to atlas's mistaken belief that the speed of his arrow is so fast that nothing with ears has a chance to move or duck unless there is noise to be heard before he takes the shot. That may yet be the most erroneous statement of belief made to date.

When you say "if you do your part," the deer will go down. What, may I ask, is involved in doing your part when you prepare to take a shot?

I am not directing my reply specifically at you, when I say; the introduction of high-energy bows and trick gear has led too many of today's shooters to mistakenly believe that they (shooter) now have the advantage. That today's bows can send an arrow downrange so fast, and with a flat trajectory out to 30 or 40 yards, the deer no longer have a chance. That many of the advantages the deer used to have has been so greatly reduced their survival sense to sound and their reaction capability is a moot consideration. Such belief is one major reason there seems to be more deer just wounded and not recovered than I remember being the case in the past.

atlas:

Take a break! You consistently become a ridiculous mouth when your opinion is strongly rebutted by someone or someone does not like something that you use and/or like. Your inexperience and minimal knowledge is nothing to be ashamed of. Every shooter has to walk the walk.

This space reserved for atlas
Old 06-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you say "if you do your part," the deer will go down. What, may I ask, is involved in doing your part when you prepare to take a shot?
1- Draw undetected.
2- Apply perfect to adequate shot mechanics.
3- Limit shot(s) to your personal distance.
4- Shoot at only relaxed deer, preferably not looking your way .
5- Hit where you intended.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

2, 3 and 5 are pretty easy. I can do that. I'm in control of those three items. #'s 1 and 4 though... Them little sonuvabucks don't always cooperate.[:@]

You know... the click a release makes is louder than the sound my longbow makes when it's launching an arrow. If you really want a quiet shot, get rid of the %&#! releases![8D]
Old 06-24-2004, 12:28 PM

Rangeball:

I can go with that, with one addition: Doing your part begins long before you are in the stand.