Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How to change speed nock's? >

How to change speed nock's?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to change speed nock's?

Old 06-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How to change speed nock's?

I've just ordered a new Winners Choice string for my 2004 BowTech Patriot Dually . I just noticed the speed nock's and am wondering how I change them ,I have my manual and it say's the measurement is 2 1/2" on both ends I'm assuming this measurement is from the axles ,how do you take them off and replace them on the new string?

nubo
Old 06-04-2004, 05:49 AM

Default RE: How to change speed nock's?

I just replaced the the string on my Black Knight this week. I have not as of yet, put any speed nocks on the new string. But here is how I would do it.

You'll need 4 brass crimp on nock points and shrink tubing sized to the nock points. You could reuse the old speed nocks but I would just use new ones. Cut two sections of the shrink tube the same length as on the old string. Slide them on the new string before installing it. After you get your string set on the cams and remove from the press, crimp the new speed nocks in place and shrink the tubing over them.

I thought about using two of the rubber cushion buttons in place of the brass and shrink tubing to see if it has the same effect. If anyone has tried that I would like to know if it worked??
Old 06-04-2004, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How to change speed nock's?

The rubber eliminator buttons will have the same effect. Shooters used to do this years back when the speed craze started. The nice thing about using eliminator buttons is you can vary the number and position to get the most gains.

MN_BOWHUNTER