Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Seen this yet? Arras >

Seen this yet? Arras

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Seen this yet? Arras

Old 06-03-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Seen this yet? Arras

Snooping around and saw these. Anyone try them?link here
Old 06-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Seen this yet? Arras

Hmm, they sound pretty interesting. Hopefully they are as good as the tolerences make them appear to be. Any idea on pricing?
Old 06-03-2004, 05:26 PM

Looks like $99 dozen. Little spendy for me from a sleeper company but who knows. I finally broke down and tried those PSE's you were talking about btw. Very happy with them. Little light to hunt for me but they fly like bullets and much more durable than the CX's I shot previously.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

F.O.C. stands for FRONT OF CENTER weighting. One of the most often heard complaints from bowhunters is that their broadheads plane off course. If you understand the laws of Physics, regarding motion, you know that an object in motion does not want to change it's direction. So what is the solution? INCREASED MASS IN FRONT OF THE ARROW. The Xtreme series arrowshafts are designed to handle these heavier broadheads and using them will reduce planing. This will also improve your arrows kinetic energy and generally speaking increase the broadheads cutting diameter.
So the way I am interpreting this is that because the shafts are lighter then the standard broadhead weights will give you a greater front of center percentage thus, theoretically increasing accuracy. I do not know if I entirely agree with that because a misaligned insert, nock or broadhead is still going to cause an arrow to plane regardless of the front of center balance, fletching style or configuration.

...and how are they estimating that a lighter arrow is going to increase kinetic energy and somehow increase the broadheads cutting diameter.

I am not trying to be argumentative but rather just point out some of the statements that I have a difficulty understanding.

Now if they could use this new material to make arrows that were as durable as carbons are initially but with better straightness, spine and weight tolerances then I would be one happy camper.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

So the way I am interpreting this is that because the shafts are lighter then the standard broadhead weights will give you a greater front of center percentage thus, theoretically increasing accuracy. I do not know if I entirely agree with that because a misaligned insert, nock or broadhead is still going to cause an arrow to plane regardless of the front of center balance, fletching style or configuration.
I'll second that , dont think all the hype about foc and broadheads as important as most make it out to be . There are other much more important factors , ie straitness , spine , nocks and broadheads on strait , and adiquate fletching [ my petpeve ]
Old 06-04-2004, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kevlon is NOT a 'new' material. It's the generic name for Kevlar and it's been around since 1964. Kevlar arrows is one of those 'been there, done that' things that bombed out. Maybe it'll find acceptance today, like so many other previously failed ideas.

But, if they only go up to 31" long, I won't be using them.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

But, if they only go up to 31" long, I won't be using them.
Come on now Arthur. Throw a whisky biscuit on there and don't worry about it.....
Old 06-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought those things were called 'whackey baskets'???[:-][8D]
Old 06-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Considering their design they are made for finger shooters with long draws...... Then you can shoot dees new arras out of your bow. [&:]
Old 06-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it'll find acceptance today, like so many other previously failed ideas.
In my best Apocolypse Now voice-

"I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning... "

Quick Reply: Seen this yet? Arras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.