Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 gold tip inserts >

gold tip inserts

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

gold tip inserts

Old 05-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default gold tip inserts

I have goldtip 5575 hunter camo arrows and realized that all broadheads won't screw into the threads. has anyone else experienced this and are there other inserts that i could use in these arrows?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:18 AM

Default RE: gold tip inserts

What type of Bhead are you trying to screw in? I shoot 7595 advantage pro hunters and have not had any problems. Could it be a bad insert?
Old 05-27-2004, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: gold tip inserts

I've had the same problem before,seems to be a burr in the first thread of insert. Try this,insert point/bh so M/F threads are lightly touching then with light finger pressure push in while turning CCW (unscrew) until you feel a click(first threads start point/burr)Then reverse rotation to install,don't force it. If it does not go easily go back to CCW until you feel a second click,try to install at this point. After you get a feel for this it's easy and saves the arrow/insert. I hope it was just a bad batch of inserts that we got,I like GT shafts but their no good w/out tips. HTH