Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HP/HIT Inserts

Old 03-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Spike

Default HP/HIT Inserts

Will the new HP inserts fit an ST Axis arrow shaft? I realize the design differences between the HIT and the HP inserts, just don't know about sizing. I did ck the Easton catalog and their web site to no avail, lots of general stuff but no i.d.s, o.d.s, etc. Also, anybody have trouble with using diff broadheads/field points with the HIT inserts, sometimes they seem to have different length of threads and shanks. Thanks and Excuse My Ignorance, But i'd rather ask and show my ignorance than to not ask and forever remain that way! Ray
Old 03-14-2006, 12:18 PM

Default RE: HP/HIT Inserts

I too have noticed some BH's not wanting to thread all the way down. I do know that if the tool is used and the insert properly pushed in to the shaft, they "should " allow tight seating of the BH. I don't have an answer for the two different inserts, however, I would imagine even though small, there are differences that would hinder their use in the wrong shafts!