Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bow tech and draw length >

bow tech and draw length

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bow tech and draw length

Old 05-19-2004, 08:18 PM

Default bow tech and draw length

why dont bowtech make draw lengths to a 31.5 or 32 i was wonting one in the justes or the lib. but the pro shop could not get the length pass 31 so no new bow tech this year looking at parker i own the exetrem sd and the pro shop got the draw right . i like the small axa bow from 34 to 36 in. any more bows that draw length goes out this long that i could look at. p. s. if bowtech rep in form please tell me why only small draw on the axa 34 to 36 i like the way bow tech shoot mite look in to the longer draw lengths please i will buy one if you did . not much for the pro 38 or the pro40
Old 05-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bow tech and draw length

Give Pat Dinan a e-mail at BowTech and maybe he can answer your question. I've e-mailed BowTech on many different little issue's and they were very helpful
Pat Dinan
[email protected]
Old 05-20-2004, 12:09 AM

i ran into the trouble and contacted them, all that was said was something was in the works maybe next year!
Old 05-20-2004, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

why dont bowtech make draw lengths to a 31.5 or 32 i was wonting one in the justes or the lib. but the pro shop could not get the length pass 31 so no new bow tech this year looking at parker i own the exetrem sd and the pro shop got the draw right . i like the small axa bow from 34 to 36 in. any more bows that draw length goes out this long that i could look at. p. s. if bowtech rep in form please tell me why only small draw on the axa 34 to 36 i like the way bow tech shoot mite look in to the longer draw lengths please i will buy one if you did . not much for the pro 38 or the pro40
In all honesty this is my only valid complaint with their current lineup. I wish they offered more of the 34 inch and under single cam bows with draw lengths up to 31 inches. I believe the reason that they do not is because the cams are designed initially with a certain draw length range in mind. That draw length range is probably determined by what draw lengths are ordered on any given year. If a large majority of shooters are shooting in the 27-29 inch draw length range then it makes sense to focus cam design around the area...give or take an inch in each direction. I would also be willing to wager that more shooters fall below a 28 inch draw than above a 30. Because of this it would be difficult if not impractical and expensive to design and create a cam which would cover draw lengths over 30 inches.

But we can always hope now can't we?

By the way, I found the Mighty Mite VFT to run longer at the draw at a "30 inch setting" than the Liberty and thus easier for me to shoot accurately with my 31 inch draw length....if you were curious that is.