Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Overdraw  -  "What is your draw length and what length arrows are u shooting" >

Overdraw - "What is your draw length and what length arrows are u shooting"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Overdraw - "What is your draw length and what length arrows are u shooting"

Old 07-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Overdraw - "What is your draw length and what length arrows are u shooting"

If I'm not mistaken, isnt an overdraw when your arrows are shorter than your drawlength?

for example, I have a 29 inch draw and shoot 27 inch arrows, which gives me a 2 inch overdraw..

Am I wrong?
If not, i see alot of replys to that post stating they have shorter arrows than draw length and they say NO OVERDRAW
Old 07-22-2004, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Overdraw - "What is your draw length and what length arrows are u shooting"

No comments?
Old 07-22-2004, 07:03 AM

Default RE: Overdraw - "What is your draw length and what length arrows are u shooting"

Back about 10 years ago overdraw where, for a lack of a better word "in". An overdraw bolts up to the riser and has a arrow rest as much as 5 or 6 inches behind the riser. I'm not an expert on overdraws as this was just when I was getting into the sport but I believe that by adding one is shortens the brace height making the bow more susceptible to torque. I'm sure the guys in the tech forum are more qualified to answer the question than I am but I'm pretty sure this is correct.

It dose allow you to shoot a much shorter arrow resulting extra speed.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

so basically any rest that shortens your arrows less than your draw length would be considered an overdraw..

which inturn means a 29 inch draw witha a 28 inch arrow has an overdraw
Old 07-22-2004, 07:20 AM

so basically any rest that shortens your arrows less than your draw length would be considered an overdraw..
I'm really not sure that is correct. It may very well be. I guess it comes down to the technical defination of an overdraw. I've always only considered a bow with a overdraw to be overdrawn. I'd say virtually 95% of all bows today would be considered overdraw base on the defination you are applying due to rest designs. I'm curious to see what the offical defination of overdraw is.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:22 AM

which inturn means a 29 inch draw witha a 28 inch arrow has an overdraw
NO this is not true. even with a rest right at the berger hole you can easily have a cut length arrow shorter than your AMO draw length. Remember AMO drawlength adds 1.75" to the true draw. Most people will have an arrow length shorter than there drawlength.

An over draw is measured by how many inches the rest lies behind the berger hole. This will allow for really short arrow lengths and real headaches when shooting.

Many of todays rests have a small amount of over draw in them...about 1"....and at this point in time is deemed normal.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok. then my question is.....

On the Jackson's Archery Page... The Easton Interactive Arrow Selection, they ask if you have an overdraw..

Now I shoot a 27 inch arrow, with a 29 inch draw.. do I put a 2 inch overdraw..?? Or Zero? I've always put 2

I have a muzzy zero effect and I could easily shoot a 25.5 inch arrow..

??????????????????????

It makes a big difference in arrow size....

so ????
Old 07-22-2004, 09:02 AM

The Muzzy does act like an overdraw.

If you are shooting 27" arrows with a 29" draw then your arrows are no more than an inch past your burger at full draw.

I would use the 1" overdraw chart