Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Ultra Tech draw length >

Ultra Tech draw length

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ultra Tech draw length

Old 04-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Ultra Tech draw length

Its probably a stupid question but if you change your draw length by and inch should you have to retune?
Old 04-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ultra Tech draw length

Possibly.

While the nock travel and center shot are not effected by the draw length change, you are adding a bunch more energy to your power stroke by making it longer, or taking some away (going shorter). This will effect the arrow more than the bow. Give it a shot and see how your bow performs.

You will also gain or loose some speed (~10fps) so your pin gaps will change (That is a definate!)
Old 04-28-2006, 05:28 PM

You are also changing the spine of your arrow, since you can shoot a shorter, or longer one. Once you change the spine, you will most definetly need to retune.

But it's most important to have a bow w/ the proper DL, so make the change and make it right.

BTW, how are you liking your new UltraTec?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

You are also changing the spine of your arrow, since you can shoot a shorter, or longer one. Once you change the spine, you will most definetly need to retune.

But it's most important to have a bow w/ the proper DL, so make the change and make it right.

BTW, how are you liking your new UltraTec?
Thanks for the replies guys.
Mobowhuntr. The UltraTech??? It is awesome. The peep stopped turning after a couple of hundred shots. The grip is the best single thing on the bow It feels pretty natural, its hard to torque the bow and it feels comfortable to put your fingers together in front of the grip which takes away the distraction of the bow falling to the ground after the shot like I did with my Jennings a few times. Its so easy to change draw length. Its quiet, pretty much shock free and just great to look at. Wish my wife was that perfect! I can't put it down. I shoot it at lunch and for half an hour after work....... becoming an freaking arrow junkie. Haven't shot my Excalibur for a month now. Every time I look at the Hoyt catalogue I think about another Hoyt like the Protec. I just wish I got the 3000 limbs. Other than that I am very, very happy I did not buy a parallel limbed bow. Its pretty amazing the difference in bows in just a few years. I thought my 322 ftps IBO T-Master VPS was the cats ass but it ain't! Is that pretty much how you feel about yours?
Don
Old 04-29-2006, 07:14 PM

I just wish I got the 3000 limbs.
The only difference is it makes the ATA length about....what an inch and a half longer. Other than that, they are the same. I have the 2000 on mine as well. I just love the thing. I can't stop shooting it. IMHO....it's the BEST bow Hoyt makes (which MUST make it the best bow on the market ). I do like the Trykon, but not NEARLY as much as the UltraTec. I figure that's why they didn't change the UltraTec at all from last year.

I didn't have any trouble at all w/ my peep turning. When I went to buy one this last February, I shot quite a few before the UltraTec. I shot it ONCE and was sold. Enjoy that rascal!!
Old 04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Mobowhuntr, I couldn't agree with you more or say enough good things about the UltraTech. I just cannot believe who good/nice this is. I did not get a chance to shoot the ProTech, did you?
Old 05-01-2006, 06:20 PM

Yes, I've shot one and they are pretty nice as well. Something about it didn't fit me, though. I kept slapping my arm with it. But it does shoot very nicely. It's not as quiet though either.