Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 TruBall Speed Loop question. >

TruBall Speed Loop question.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TruBall Speed Loop question.

Old 05-09-2004, 02:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default TruBall Speed Loop question.

I am having problems getting my peep to turn correctly on my '04 Patriot VFT. I read in one of this months magazines that the TruBall speed loop will get the peep turned correctly every time? Here are my questions:

1). Does or has anyone used them?

2). Did you like it?

3). Did they work as advertised?

4). Can you use regular size nocks with it?

5). Can anyone give me any other suggestions, besides rubber tube peep, that they coul;d give to get my peep to turn every time. I am using a trupeep.

all help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: TruBall Speed Loop question.

If you are already shooting with a string loop then just twist your loop around to the side so that it lines up. The speed loop isn't going to do anything for you that a regular string loop will besides add extra noise, more weight on your string, more screws to come loose, etc............

The only way that the speed loop will align your nock is if you turn it to the side, just like you would a string loop, so that your peep rotates to the same position.

My advice is to put it on a press and rotate the individual strands of your string around the peep. If your peep needs to rotate clockwise then rotate a couple of strands from the bottom (side of the peep that is farthest away from you as you shoot it) right side to the bottom left side and a couple from the top left side to the top right side. This will rotate the peep around the string and get it into the correct position with out having to buy another gimmic.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:40 AM

With the tightly twisted strings of the BowTechs, I had to reach up and tweak my peep everytime I shot for the first couple of hundred shots. I like the idea of keeping the peep in the exact center of the string vs. moving a few strands left or right, although this WILL work like bigbulls said. Afte a while the peep lines up perfectly every shot. If I am shooting practice or 3D I have now developed the habit of tweeking the peep anyway, and now when a shot presents itself in the woods, I know the peep will be right without touching it.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. I have tried twisting the string loop to get the peep to line up and it will stay for a fiew shots then i works its way around the string. My question to your responses now is do you have to ""shoot in each peep""? I had a shures a peep on it and then went to a trupeep. The bow should be shot in, as I have over 1000 shots through the bow.

I really wasn't wanting to add any gadgets to my string but I thought it might be a fix.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Robby, all you have to dowith the peep is move some strands in the right direction to get the peep to rotate to the desired position. You just separate a strand or two at a time with your thumb-nail and move it to the other side of the peep, of course, in the right direction. It is for this reason that I do not serve a peep in until I've shot a string in and gotten most of the creep out of it.

The metal loops are good for several things, IMO, and none of them good. They add weight to the string slowing the bow down, wear the jaws of your release, and in a lot of cases just beat the dickens out of your cables, and cause noise. A total waste of money and energy. And there is always the issue of screws to come loose and cause injury.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:54 AM

these guys are smarter than me about bows. i've got a 2004 patriot vft also and i had the same issue. twisting the loop around didn't work for me because after 20 or so shots it would twist back to center. i put a half twist in my bus cable from the bottom end - so my tru-peep was about a quarter turn to the right at rest and the loop was pointing straight out from the bow, where it would naturally be after 20 shots anyway- when i draw the peep comes into perfect alignment for me to shoot. the bow tuned so i can't see as its messing anything up. of course you'll have to have a press to do this.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. It looks like its a trip to the bow shop to play with this again. I really like this peep, so I hope I can get it to work.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

One more thing. Unless your string has streched out and settled in place your peep will not rotate to the same place every time. It will continue to wald around the string. So before you go spending the time and money make sure that you first put a couple of hundred shots through your bow.

All strings will strech a certain ammount if only a tiny bit.