Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Carbon Revolution Black Diamond Arrows=30-150 fps Faster??? >

Carbon Revolution Black Diamond Arrows=30-150 fps Faster???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbon Revolution Black Diamond Arrows=30-150 fps Faster???

Old 03-26-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Carbon Revolution Black Diamond Arrows=30-150 fps Faster???

Is this true??

The advertisment in Peterson's says they are lighter, stiffer, and will add 30-150 fps to your current rig.

I haven't seen anything posted about them and was just wondering if this is a scam or if there is a catch........there HAS to be

They say penetration is better too []

Now that I have read all that THEY say.............what do YOU guys think?
Old 03-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Carbon Revolution Black Diamond Arrows=30-150 fps Faster???

Sure but at the cost of your limbs and riser cracking or exploding.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

I don't care how stiff the arrows are, with not enough grains per inch---per your draw weight, you take big chances.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

I also wondered about this...it IS one heck of a claim to make.
If you followed the rules of 5gr./pound, I just don't understand how their arrows can overcome the laws of physics.
Can anyone explain?
Old 03-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you followed the rules of 5gr./pound, I just don't understand how their arrows can overcome the laws of physics.
They don't.

HCA claims one of their bows is safe to shoot with arrow weights down to 3 grains per pound. If you look at their propaganda about their carbon revolution arrows, a chart showing the comparison between their arrows and other carbon arrow brands and models, they show hitting 342 fps with a 250 grain arrow from a 70 pound bow.

That's just under 3.6 grains per pound. That's too dang close to a dryfire for my blood. I'd be flinching like a sonuvagun every time I shot that thing!
Old 03-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Arthur P,
I should have read the ad a little closer. If this is the case, I am of the opinion that they are grossly irresponsible and possibly face liability issues.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:11 PM

So are they only safe to be shot out the HCA bow??

How can theybe telling people to shoot 3 grains per pound and not have any bows falling apart out there?
Old 03-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

How can theybe telling people to shoot 3 grains per pound and not have any bows falling apart out there?
They shouldn't. I haven't seen the ad but if they are telling people thats its okay to shoot these arrows from any bow at 3grs per lb then they are being very irresponcible. I have my doubts about the HCA bows holding up at those low arrow weights as well. I foresee a lot of people staggering into emergency rooms with cams and idler wheels lodged in their nostril.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:19 PM

I just had the opertunity to look over a bunch of High countries. Quality control, IMO is still a big issue with them - Very poor IMO.

HC is commiting comercial suicide. Your product MUST be spot on, perfect, if you dare to warranty and promote such light arrows.

They kick like a free basing mule, bare bow............(2-1/2 lbs[:-])..........need two pounds of stab just to keep it still.

They chose a direction that will IMO lead to an abrupt dead end. I like the carbon riser, but they are just too light, too expensive, to poorly manufactured to achieve what they are trying to do in the market.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:13 PM

All other things being equal, a 2.5# bow with 2 pounds of stab is a whole lot better than a 4.5 pound bow with no stabs.

I'm wondering about the lower than 5 grain stuff. Easton has had a shaft capable of that kind of performance for a while now. When people first talked about 5 grains everyone said just what is being said now about 3. Indentical arguments, it was consider insane, yatta yatta. I just wonder whether the current conservatism is any more justified. It stands to reason that if amo and IBO are willing to essentialy stand behind 6 or 5 grains for every modern bow, there is some bow out there that can do 4.9, maybe 3.9.

Quick Reply: Carbon Revolution Black Diamond Arrows=30-150 fps Faster???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.