My father bought the Justice with hopes he..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How to get 31" out of 30" Freedom Cam? >

How to get 31" out of 30" Freedom Cam?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to get 31" out of 30" Freedom Cam?

Old 03-19-2004, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default How to get 31" out of 30" Freedom Cam?

I tried to do a search, I remember someone talking about it a while ago. Something about a #.5 mod for the new cam? If true are they available yet? If not, what to do?

I got my new Liberty! What a joy to shoot!

My father bought the Justice with hopes he could squeeze an extra half inch by moving the peg. Well it wasn't enough. How are you big boys achieving your long draw lengths?
Old 03-19-2004, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to get 31" out of 30" Freedom Cam?

A string loop gives you another 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch,but the bow will still be 30".
Old 03-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm the one who posted about the #.5 module. I also need about another 1/2" out of my Infinity cam. I don't think they are out of production yet, but as soon as Pat gets back to me I'll let you know.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

Ok Mike, thanks for the reply! (come on Pat, what's the skinny?)

Jsacker, he doesn't use a loop. I recomended it too him for comfort to see if it would help any but he was told by a really good shooter that they impart to much variable in anchoring. Sooooo he doesn't go there now. I don't know?

Just an update.....we shot indoor tonight and my score jumped to 335 from the norm of 420s....I love the Liberty! Also I now use back tention(about a week) and the bow fits better ie; 27" draw, my Extreme was a 28" backed down. I was pulling 70lbs tonight and it felt like the 02 extreme set at 63!
Old 03-19-2004, 11:20 PM

Mantis,,, are you sure you have those numbers right???
Old 03-20-2004, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah That's 435!
Old 03-20-2004, 08:13 AM

Mantis Mayer:

Why are you trying to squeeze another 1" out of your bow. Is there an anchor problem e.g. hitting the "wall" before you can get into full anchor? Are you mistakenly believing that one more inch of draw-length is going to "power up" the bow? Or is it because you (or your father) pull 31" on one of those fiberglass bows they use to establish a misleading draw-length and you believe the your/his must be the same?

Better your draw-length be a bit shorter than too long.

After adjusting my favorite bow to my anchor and type of release I use with the bow, the best setup ended up being 1" inch shorter on the bow's draw stop. Slapped in the correct module, and bow fits and shoots great.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

C903,

No like I was saying, my new bow is a shorter draw and feels great! Turns out I was shooting too long a draw on my Extreme and this year ordered a 27" for my Liberty. "like a glove"

My father has the draw problem. No he's not looking for anymore speed. He's old school bro! And besides, at 30" do you really need more...[:-] Anyway yes it's not comfortable he says. Like he could "use an inch or so more." ie;
anchor problem e.g. hitting the "wall" before you can get into full anchor?
Let me know?
Old 03-20-2004, 08:37 PM

Your father should have tried a Pro 40 Freedom,,, if he didn't? I just recently shot the Pro 40 and it's almost the same shooting experience as shooting the Liberty, both are VERY quiet. The Pro40 had just a little jump but boy does it stackum' The Pro 40 will go to 32 inch draw.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Typical Buck

I know, I didn't want to talk him into a bow he didn't want though it was discussed. He insisted that the Justice felt the best to him and had what he wanted in a hunting bow with hopes he could gain draw by adjusting the peg. Unfortunately what he found was a "tad too short" of the comfort zone and also a short valley in doing so.[&o]

We didn't know if it was going to be enough.....From now on you can bet he will be asking the shops to fit the bow to him while test shooting(shopping) [8D]