Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 UPDATE: APA TWISTER DROPAWAY >

UPDATE: APA TWISTER DROPAWAY

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

UPDATE: APA TWISTER DROPAWAY

Old 03-20-2004, 12:11 AM

Default UPDATE: APA TWISTER DROPAWAY

I've been away for a couple of weeks and I was able to put it on my Pat. and finally no contact this is a awesome rest. But if shooting a 80# like my pat is. we noticed that arrow spine and length is very important. what we tried was a venture 340 at 28" was nock high and w/same arrow at 27" it was shooting bullet holes then I shot my new axis st 400's at 28.5" and was perfect. from my exp. w/ my bow at 80# a stiff spine is crucial w/ this dropaway, But is a diff. story w/ the 70# bows. My dealer was getting good paper results right away. It is very easy to set up and it is very light and quiet and easy to fine tune,but w/ 80# limbs you might have to tinker with it a bit more, if you are anal about paper tuning, but can be done. what I like best is total containment of the arrow,it will not fall off the rest. And I like the fact that I do not have to use spacers to put on my quiver like I have on my BLK w/the MZE. I highly recommend this rest if you are having problems w/ contact with the other drops.

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)
Old 03-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: UPDATE: APA TWISTER DROPAWAY

Matt posted a review about it a while back and that locked it up for me. I really want to get this rest for my new phoenix. I have one question that didn't get answered though.

How much do they cost? Where did you get yours?

I can't find them anywhere around here nor on any of the regular web sites that i visit. Cabelas doesn't even have them on their site.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:20 AM

BigBulls, the cost is 99.95

Old 03-20-2004, 12:21 AM

And I got it from my local dealer.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Whoooooooh!!! A hundred bucks.[:'(] Are they smoking crack? There is no way in the world that there is close to a hundred bucks worth of machining or metal in that rest. A MZE don't even cost that much and there's a heck of a lot more machine work and material in the Muzzy.

Thanks for the post. You saved me a lot of would be wasted time trying to find that rest. I think I'll look for something else.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:21 PM

Hey bulls The MZE is selling 95.00 and the camo one is selling for 105.00, in my area.[8D] the guys over at muzzy has a pretty big pipe too

Old 03-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, I know what you mean. It seems that more and more of the archery accessory companies are getting stoned when they come up with their prices. They will keep charging it as long as we keep paying it though.[:'(]