Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech extreme vft? >

Bowtech extreme vft?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech extreme vft?

Old 03-16-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Bowtech extreme vft?

I am planning on purchasing another new bowtech in the next couple of months.I love the new Justice vft and after convincing my wife I really need another backup bow since I sold my jennings buckmaster I really want one of those speedburners.I have not even held the extreme yet because my dealer has not got one in stock yet but he told me it was about like the patriot with a little shorter BH.I shoot a 27" draw lenghth and 70lbs on the Justice I figured I would get the extreme with 60lb limbs due to the tougher draw on the infinity cam.I drew back a patriot he had set on 65lbs and it felt great!Does anyone shoot an extreme with a 27" drawlength and 60lbs.Are they as smooth as the patriot and what kind of speed can I expect out of an extreme with this drawlength with a 350 to 415 grain arrow?Hope my dealer gets one in soon but if not I may have to go on and order one or would I be better off with the patriot.The main reason I ask is at my dealer the patriot is $100 more than the extreme the same price difference as the liberty and justice and to me I could not see that much difference in the liberty and my justice.Thanks !
Old 03-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech extreme vft?

The Extreme won't have bearings in the cam and idler, or pivoting limb pockets. I think the Patriot shoots much smoother, with less vibration. The difference in speed is not enough to matter, IMO. If it's not a money issue, I'd get the Patriot. But the VFT will do the job, also.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto what he said.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:01 PM

I bought the extreme this year and I love it. With your draw and arrow weight, I would venture a guess that you would be shooting around 270. The draw is a touch rougher on the Extreme, but not to much.

Extreme doesn't have pivoting limb pockets (no biggie IMO), I thought it had all the same bearings and such as the Patriot, in this years model, but not sure.

Wait till the Extreme comes in and shoot them both. THey are both great.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The ATA is different also. Patriot- 33" EX VFT 34 1/16".
NO deal maker, but different.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:41 PM

I have an 03 Extreme VFT with a 29 inch draw and 64 lbs pull. I shoot 350 grain target arrows at 288 fps. 386 hunting arrows at 277 fps. I really like my Extreme but did does not draw as smooth as the new Liberty.