Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which Bowtech

Old 02-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Spike

Default Which Bowtech

I shoot 26.5" draw and 60lbs most of my shooting is hunting. I do a little 3-D and spots. Which Bowtech would you guys recomend? Liberty, Justice or VFT?
Old 02-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which Bowtech

Considering your draw length/weight preference, I would recommend the Patriot VFT or the Extreme VFT on the single cam side.......the Patriot isn't giving up much speed to the VFT and has a more forgiving platfom. The extra brace will help you in the stand as well as the 3D course. I personally like the balance of the Patriot better as well.

If you really want to get the most from your 26.5" draw length, then a Patriot Dually might be the ticket. Almost an 8" brace height, and will really help with some extra Ke for you at your personal specs. It'll make an very good 3D bow as well. I shot some very good scores with mine last season.
The draw cycle is a little stiffer at 60# than what you might be used to, and it's 65% let-off, but for a short draw archer , if this is of little concern it will allow you to shoot numbers that usually only the 29" and up crowd will see.

I would start the search at those, but shoot the others as well....something will jump out at you I'm sure. On paper those 3 fit your needs quite well as I see it.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:53 AM

Default RE: Which Bowtech

If you want speed Patriot dually & if you want an all around good shooting bow the Liberty.