Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mathews Ovation "One Sweet Bow"..BUT... >

Mathews Ovation "One Sweet Bow"..BUT...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Ovation "One Sweet Bow"..BUT...

Old 02-04-2004, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews Ovation "One Sweet Bow"..BUT...

I got the chance on Sunday to shoot all of the new Mathews 04 lineup. Out of the new lineup the Ovation is the sweetest shooter. Nice smooth draw , minimal recoil , and super quiet. I cant rave enough about the HP cams , which means the Outback will make someone a nice hunting bow also. I know alot of folks were dissappointed with the Classic as they were expecting a MQ1 with all the new bells and whistles , but if you look at the classic by itself (forget the MQ1) you'll be surprised. There will be alot of happy bowhunters who end up with a Classic , it's also smooth , minimal recoil and very quiet. All in all I think Mathews has a good lineup of bows to offer in 04.....BUT , I ended up leaving with a new Icon! That is THE smoothest drawing bow I've tried in a long time![:-]
Old 02-04-2004, 06:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Mathews Ovation "One Sweet Bow"..BUT...

Thanks for the update. I also had the opportunity to check out several of the new Mathews bows yesterday. I liked the size and feel of the Outback. The valley was just a tad short for what I am accustomed to but definitely shootable. The Ovation is longer than what I like to shoot for hunting but I definitely would pick one up for a target bow. Nothing earth shattering from Mathews this year but some good, solid bows.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:52 AM

Default RE: Mathews Ovation "One Sweet Bow"..BUT...

I agree the Ovation was a nice shooting bow. I was hoping for a little more speed from them.

I have an Icon and I agree it is the smoothest single cam I have shot. It is a great shooter as well & really queit.

Hope you enjoy it & I wish you the best of luck with your new bow!