:D" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 The phone finally rang, my Liberty is here! >

The phone finally rang, my Liberty is here!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The phone finally rang, my Liberty is here!

Old 01-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The phone finally rang, my Liberty is here!

Well I picked it up at lunch. My 1 hour lunch break turned into about an hour and forty five minutes. I got the sight, rest, and peep installed. I have yet to sling the first arrow with it. [] I had family commitments immediately after work and it was late when I got home and no place to shoot. Hopefully I will get to tomorrow because this is killing me!!!!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:00 AM

09, calm down breath easy in & out, now say it three times- Give me Liberty or Justice for all---- that's it now hurry up and shoot the thing before you croak.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

Hey don't forget the Patriots!
Old 01-24-2004, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Well it seemed as though the bow gods were against me enjoying my new bow today but they were defeated. I was all set to get up and shoot it this morning but I noticed my lab kept shaking his head this morning as if something was bothering him. I checked his ears and one was very red and irritated and appeared to be infected. The Vet was all booked and said if you get here quickly we will try to work you in. I got ready, got the dog and off to the vet's office I went. Three hours later and my wallet much lighter I finally got back home. I grab the new bow, trim a little of the felt around my TT rest and discover the problem I described in my other post about the missing e-clips. Well off to Lowe's I go to get the clips. It seems as if I am never going to get to shoot. Well I got that all fixed and finally I get to shoot! Yippee!!!!!

I know I am going to sound like a broken record about this Liberty, but it is so quiet, smooth and shock free it is hard to believe. I ordered this bow without ever seeing one or shooting it. I based my purchase solely on the recommendations of others here who have offered such high praise of it. I can honestly say that they were not exaggerating. This is my first new bow in 14 years and my first single cam so I am by far in no position to compare it to others on the market, but I am extremely happy with this bow. I only had time to shoot about 20 arrows through it and I was shooting the tightest 4 arrow groups after only a few shots. I was worried I was going to ruin my new Gold Tips they were so close. All 4 arrows out of two of the four arrow sets I shot were all touching and I don't mean just the fletching. the shafts could not have been tighter together without damaging them! OK, enough of this ramble...do I sound like I'm in love with this thing or what?!?!?
Old 01-24-2004, 02:19 PM

09, sorry to here about the dog, hope he is ok. Glad to hear you love the Liberty it is just as you were told. I shot my Justice VFT a few more times today and it is just so easy to shoot, I almost shafted my Gold Tips too from 20 yards, I still have more tuning to do but I just can't decide what to do on a sight, I have my trophy ridge on it for now.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

I went with an HHA sight. I have done no tuning at all to this point. Just put the sight and peep on, eyeballed the rest and went and shot. That is one reason I am so amazed with this bow.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

bowhuntr09:
I have done no tunoing at all to this point. Just put the sight and peep on, eyeballed the rest and went and shot. That is one reason I am so amazed with this bow.
That's all I ever do. I'm too busy shooting.