Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Outback

Old 01-18-2004, 09:49 PM

Default RE: Mathews Outback

I looked at and drew an Outback today. Draw cycle is smooth to about mid draw then seems to pick up much more weight before dropping into about a 1/4 inch valley!!!! At the 80% let off setting[] I can't inagine the 65% setting!! I own 3 BowTech Duallys and they have twice the length of valley compaired to the Outback. If you don't like "arm jerkers" you won't like this bow[]
Old 01-19-2004, 05:38 AM

A bow company cannot be everything to everyone. Mathews is probably marketing towards whitetail hunters, who typically don't walk in too far, and sit in trees all day long (the largest segment of the market). If weight is critical, look at a small lightweight High Country, Diamond or Parker.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:09 AM

Weight can actually be beneficial to those who hunt in the Mts. If offers more stabiblity of the bow when shooting it, soaks up noise and vibration!

For those Mathews guys that want newer technology, check out the SQ2 at 3.7lbs, the Black Max 2 at 3.5lbs (which has string suppresors, harmonic dampeners, etc.), the Ultra 2 at 3.7lbs, the FX at 3.3lbs, or check out the MQ1, or MQ32!!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:41 PM

I was on another site, checking out one of the Posts I made about the Mathews Outback, a guy on there had the pics of the Outback he brought home, fist hand pics, very nice!

Kinda blurry but they work, this is not mine, it is a guys from Kentucky!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Me thinks it looks like my Mighty Mite VFT!

Seriously, it looks like a nice bow though it took me a minute to figure out that there weren't two roller guards on the bow.

I am sure Mathews will sell a ton of them.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:13 PM

Frank,

I thought the exact same thing. It looks alot like a mix between the regular MM's and the MM VFT!

I havn't seen this bow yet, but I would like to check it out. I have no intentions of buying one, my Liberty is all the bow that I want/need!!!!!

It is definetly a nice looking bow, but, like I said, I think I'll just keep my Liberty
Old 01-19-2004, 01:28 PM

It looks like the Mighty Mite, but better! And yes, Mathews will sell a bunch of them!
Old 01-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff ,
Being a BowTech guy, If I wrote "Looks like the Outback .....but better" I would definitely put one of these little guys after it........ You forgot that little smiley guy didn't ya? (See how that works)

IF you don't mind me asking,Exactly how do you determine that the Outback is better than the MM VFT?
Have you shot both yet or are you just going by looks? (Oh there's another one)[8D]
Old 01-19-2004, 03:59 PM

I sometimes use those smilies, but usually not when typing a small amount of words!

I have shot the MM VFT, and the Outback, both are great bows, but don't get me wrong, you and I would both have different opinions on it, I am a Mathews guy, and you a Bowtech guy, no matter what I would say or you would say we would both disagree, in my meaning by it is better, I thought it was smoother, but I like the valley on the Mighty Mite, I thought the Outback shot better (with less recoil & vibration!), was faster, and quieter. Both look good too, but Mathews is more of my style, and Bowtech is not! Now only if someone would test these 2 bows, a long strenuous test to see which bow is better![>:][:-]

But now what about the other Mathews, the Classic, now that is going to be competition for the Liberty, it seems to me that Mathews is going after Bowtech's new bows (trying to be better!)!

Thanks Matt for pointing the smilies out to me!
Old 01-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

What are the specs on the Outback? I am just curious because with the large idler/cam it may be more comparable to the Justice than the MM VFT.

Quick Reply: Mathews Outback

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.