Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Gold Tip Arrow Components? >

Gold Tip Arrow Components?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gold Tip Arrow Components?

Old 01-12-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Gold Tip Arrow Components?

I've been thinking about buying some Gold Tip XT 5575's. What easton components can be used in those shafts for target? Do ACC nibbs fit in them? Do they accept a unibushing and nock or does a regular Easton nock fit in them? Thanks ahead for your help.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Gold Tip Arrow Components?

I second this request but for XT 7595's

Thanks,

Fritz
Old 01-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

To the best of my knowledge, you can use any component that will fit in an Easton uni-nock adapter. This provided you use the proper adapter for the arrow size. Not sure of the correct size for the two shafts mentioned. 2117 maybe?
Old 01-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

I use gold tip 3-d pro's, and i use goldtips unibushing.
I suggest you use the gold tip bushing, they fit nice and snug , with no slop.
They except easton's g-nock.
If you do not want to use a bushing, easton supernocks, fit fine.
I don't like the goldtip lock nock, they are too easy to tighten too much, and do damage to the shaft.
If you deceide to use easton nibbs or bushings, acc 3-60 size will fit.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can use the Easton 'G' --nock, small groove about 6.25 g along with the Gold Tip Ultralight nock adaptor (unibushing). You will however have to glue the bushing but DO NOT glue the G--nock.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

I made the mistake of buying the Easton A/C/C unibushings. They're sloppy in the XT 7595's. Then I went with the Gold Tip unibushings and as bbahunter said, they fit as they should. I threw in an Easton G nock and this seems to be a good setup.

BTW, this combo weighs 25.4 grains.

Fritz
Old 01-14-2004, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, the 3-60 bushings do fit sloppy, because Goldtip uses a slightly larger ID (.246..and their ID tolerances are a bit goofy to begin with). The 3-60s work great in most other carbons, but not Goldtip.

The Goldtip bushings are good except for one big problem IME. They are threaded to accept a weight pin. Unfortunately because of this the G-nock gets threaded in the process of installation..this makes them tough to adjust on occasion but even more so tends to produce a nock that when hit hard breaks off completely flush w/ the bushing, and you can't get the rest of the nock out of the damn thing...which is a real PITA.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Produce a nock that when hit hard breaks off completely flush w/ the bushing, and you can't get the rest of the nock out of the damn thing...which is a real PITA.
Jeff--I hear ya, but try using a tiny drill and open up a hole, then use a small bolt extractor and the remaining g-nock comes out easily--but your're right it is a PITA.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ampahunter

Produce a nock that when hit hard breaks off completely flush w/ the bushing, and you can't get the rest of the nock out of the damn thing...which is a real PITA.
Jeff--I hear ya, but try using a tiny drill and open up a hole, then use a small bolt extractor and the remaining g-nock comes out easily--but your're right it is a PITA.
That's how I've managed to get out a few (actually using an old nock-out tool that has a small threaded screw)..and it does work, but I've also had the rest of the nock in there so tight I never could get it out. Then you either have to get the bushing out somehow or ditch the shaft. PITA indeed Best solution I gues is not to shoot groups, or shoot last at the stake
Old 01-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Then you either have to get the bushing out somehow or ditch the shaft. PITA indeed Best solution I gues is not to shoot groups, or shoot last at the stake
Jeff, if it's that hard to turn, another thing to do is with the bolt extractor inserted, I use a small blow torch and heat the 'extractor' (stay away from the shaft--as you know) 45 secs to a minute, then holding the extractor in a vise grip rotate the bushing out--the heat softens the glue and makes it alot easier to come out.
Hey not all the time you can shoot last, there's others who want a crack at your nocks too ya know---the reason I like mine 'black'--makes it a little harder to 'see'.