Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Installing arrow components... >

Installing arrow components...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Installing arrow components...

Old 10-24-2002, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Installing arrow components...

When you guys build arrows, do you place a broadhead in the insert then glue it in, lining it up with the fletching to ensure each arrow is identical, or simply glue it in and not worry about it?

On a side note, local shop will sell me 1/2 dozen ACC 3-60s fletched with feathers for $70. Decent deal? Cheaper than Cabelas, and they're cut to my length and fletched with my choice of feather color to boot (two red barred and one solid grey... purdy ).

With ACCs, I assume the come with the uni-bushing already installed, which means the arrow can only be cut to length on one end. They advertise their spine and tolerances over a 28" length. Is this from the unibushing forward, or the middle of the shaft, like other carbon ICS arrows?

I wanna do this right and one time...

Old 10-24-2002, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Installing arrow components...

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
When you guys build arrows, do you place a broadhead in the insert then glue it in, lining it up with the fletching to ensure each arrow is identical, or simply glue it in and not worry about it?

On a side note, local shop will sell me 1/2 dozen ACC 3-60s fletched with feathers for $70. Decent deal? Cheaper than Cabelas, and they're cut to my length and fletched with my choice of feather color to boot (two red barred and one solid grey... purdy ).

With ACCs, I assume the come with the uni-bushing already installed, which means the arrow can only be cut to length on one end. They advertise their spine and tolerances over a 28&quot; length. Is this from the unibushing forward, or the middle of the shaft, like other carbon ICS arrows?

I wanna do this right and one time...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I don't worry about my fletching lining up with my fletching at all. They need to spin true and have an ample amount of helical fletching if they are a fixed blade broadhead. After you glue the inserts in (if you use hotmelt adhesive) you can always go back and re heat them and turn them if necessary. If they are installed in an all carbon shaft be very careful not to heat the carbon fiber but heat a field point that's screwed into the insert. All carbon shafts also like super glue type adhesive for insert installation. I use hotmelt on my A/C/C's though.

I think $70.00 seems fair for 1/2 doz A/C/C's fletched with feathers...

Old 10-25-2002, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks BTS. Anyone else?

Old 10-25-2002, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep that is fair...

straightness tolerances for easton shafts use TIR...total indicator rating over the entire length of the shaft.

Spine tolerances are in the easton tech bulletin..I don't remeber the eaxact numbers...they are minute...

Spine is measured around the circumfrence of the shaft... the arrow is held at two points 28&quot; inches apart..then the weight (500 grams?) is suspended in the middle.

Shaft weight does not include the unibushing

JeffB