Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 twisting a string >

twisting a string

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

twisting a string

Old 10-07-2003, 03:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default twisting a string

I got my new string and put it on, but got to thinking about the proper way to do it.What is the proper way to put a new string on?Ron
Old 10-07-2003, 11:23 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: twisting a string

Not sure what you mean by the proper way to put it on? Did you replace the string and cables or just the string. Put it on the same way that it came off then measure the brace height and axle to axle length of the bow to make sure it is at the original specs.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:33 PM

Ron, is it a compound? Single cam or two cam? Steel Cables with teardrops? or does the string attach to the cam? Help us out here.

I take it from the title of your post, that you are wondering about twisting the string. The answer is YES. Twist it, but don' t overdo it. Twisting it too much, can shorten your draw length (usually about an inch) and reduce your draw weight.

Without more info about your setup, it will be difficult to answer your questions.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

I had to put a new string on my Cybertec because it got cut.When I was putting it on I got to thinking about the right way to do it,which end to to start the twists from and how to make sure that the section after the center serving had the same twist as the section before.Things like how to minimize peep rotation and which way do you twist, clockwise or counter.As it was I twisted from the bottom cam clockwise and things turned out fine.Just never read or had anyone tell me the proper way to get it done.Ron
Old 10-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]