Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Muzzy Zero Effect and arrow speed... >

Muzzy Zero Effect and arrow speed...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy Zero Effect and arrow speed...

Old 01-01-2002, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muzzy Zero Effect and arrow speed...

The Muzzy Zero Effect rest seems to be one of the best, and most popular, arrow rest used by people on this forum. I've read many posts about how it is accurate, quiet, and reliable. I was wondering what kind of effect it has on the speed on the bow. It seems to me that it would have an advantage over most othe rests in that the arrow is only in contact with the rest for a very brief period at the beginning of the power stroke, therefore less friction between the arrow and rest. On the other hand, the whole rest is moved by the cables, thereby adding the rest's mass to the entire system, reducing arrow speed since the bow must move more stuff around when fired.

Do both of these effects cancel each other out? If not, how much speed is typically lost due to this rest?

I am trying to decide what rest to put on a BowTech Extreme Solo. I just can't see buying the fastest one-cam in the world only to hobble it with a speed draining rest.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 01-01-2002, 03:20 PM

Default RE: Muzzy Zero Effect and arrow speed...

On my Q2 I didn't see any difference when it came to speed. I cronoed my bow with a NAP 3000 bfore I installed ZE and got the exact same speed with the ZE
Old 01-01-2002, 03:32 PM

If your bow is well tuned with an existing rest, you should not notice any speed change with the MZE. An increase in speed is gained by the ability to cut the arrow shorter. Be careful when doing this, however, because broadhead clearance must be taken into consideration.
Old 01-01-2002, 05:08 PM

I know several guys who have gained a FEW fps from using the ZE. I don't know of anyone who has lost any speed. You will be fine using it.