Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow spine ?

Old 01-01-2002, 08:49 AM
mrc

Default arrow spine ?

my? is how much lenght do you have to cut from a shaft before it changes to the next size shaft, example an acc 3-28 spines .500 @ 28" if cut to 26" is it then the same spine as a 3-39 at 28" with the same point wieght. thanks mike
Old 01-01-2002, 02:18 PM

Default RE: arrow spine ?

Welcome to the board mrc. Tell me what your your draw weight is and what grain broadhead or field tip your shooting. 2 inches will make a spine difference.
Old 01-01-2002, 03:53 PM
mrc

thanks ky bowhunter, I just bought a max 2000 trying to figure out what arrow to shoot.I like the holding weight at 57# so I'll proubly shoot between 55&60# at 27" ,I want to stay at around 5 grains to keep the speed up. mike
Old 01-01-2002, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

MRC,if you can give all the info there are several of us on this board that have programs to tell exactly what arrow to shoot.We need brace height,axle to axle,poundage ,letoff,measure draw with bow pulled back from the string to the back of the riser(same place as you measure brace height),are you using a d loop and if you can get a chrono speed that would be best but the factory ibo speed will work.Also are you using an overdraw and if so how much.The arrow will need to be measured as just a raw shaft.No knock or point added.What point weight you would like to use but that may limit arrow selection.

The arrow spine will chnge drastically when cut that much and I wouldn't try to guess how much.

I would highly reccomend getting a program like Archers Advantage because it takes the guess work out of finding the right arrow and you can be shooting for practice and fun instead of tring to figure out if you have the right arrow. www.archersadvantage.com take a look at what it can do for you.Heck I use it to set pin gap on my hunting bow and sight tapes for my 3d bow.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:50 PM

If you shoot a 26 or 27" arrow got with the 3-28's. If you shoot any longer of an arrow go with the 3-39's.