Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzy zero effect arrow rest >

Muzzy zero effect arrow rest

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy zero effect arrow rest

Old 02-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Muzzy zero effect arrow rest

I was just wondering what you guys think about this arrow rest. I have it on my bow at the moment and its an ok arrow rest in my opinion but I was thinking about switching to a limb driver. Just thought I would ask for your guy's opinions on the muzzy one.

Thanks,
-Joe
Old 02-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy zero effect arrow rest

i used to have it on my XT, i liked it no doubt..... reason i will NEVER use it again. there was not ONE piece of metal on it, all was plastic and if i learned anything from hunting, its do not use things you are not sure about because they will break riight when you need em most..........i always try to get things that are metal now
Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Steven. Buying anything plastic (rests, sights) is a big no no, just asking for trouble. As for the concept its not bad, my buddy that has one loves it, very shootable. If it were all metal I would probably pick one up, but then again it would be quite heavy...
Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 AM
bigcountry

I have had three of em. I loved them. Probably one of the best "Hunting" rests going. Pain to adjust windage and elevation, but probably one of the best hunting rests ever. Just when I went to the parrallel design bows, I had to quit using them.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

I have one on my Outback right now. It is the 4th bow of mine to have one on it. This is at least my 12th year as a ZE user, and I have no plans to change either. I remember when I first saw one, I thought that it looked way too complicated, and the plastic thing mentioned also scared me. Well, thankfully I was wrong on both concerns. I have helped several people put several different types of rests on bows over the years, and to me the ZE is one of the easiest to set up. I normally can be shooting perfect bullet holes in just a few shots.
As far as the plastic, I can honestly say that I personally have never had a failure or a breakage ever, and of all the guys I know that use them, I have never heard a complaint from any of them. I was worried when I first got my first ZE about how it would withstand the extreme cold. I live and hunt in NW Ohio and do hunt in some bitter cold weather. Like I said before, never any problems. So for me, based on my personal expereience, I love my ZE and plan on having one on any bow I shoot for years to come. I have never had any reason to change.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I have had three of em. I loved them. Probably one of the best "Hunting" rests going.
x2, a great rest

And for anyone that is worried about the "plastic" you obviously haven't owned or seen one. They are VERY strong, and I would be 100% confident in it holding up.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great rest, love it though I don't have one on my Allegence, it stayed with my last bow.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've not tried the Muzzy , but going off my experience with the Limbdriver i'd get in touch withMeanV and get the LimbDriver ordered . They are so easy to set up , it takes minutes from getting it out of the box . Put a bit of moleskin on the prongs for hunting and your away . I've had no issues with mine at all in 12months , infact from setting it up i've not even touched it . And Dan can get it in whatever camo you want , give him a try he's quick at posting too .
Old 02-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Joe, You are going to Love your Limb Driver!

Dan
Old 02-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Spike

I use it and have no complaints. It's very quiet and I love the way my arrows come off it.

Quick Reply: Muzzy zero effect arrow rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.