Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
New Hoyt and need help with accessories... >

New Hoyt and need help with accessories...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Hoyt and need help with accessories...

Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Spike

Default New Hoyt and need help with accessories...

I got out of bow hunting in '05 and sold my Hoyt Ultratech. I stopped by a local bow shop the other day because I've decided to get back into it. I tried several bows and decided on the Hoyt Rampage XT. It was a left over model at a good deal ($500) and is a bare bow. I have a 29" draw and pull 70#'s. What arrow rest, stabilizer, and sights would you guys recommend? I'll be using carbn express arrows and probably rage broadheads. A LOT has changed in bow hunting since '05. I'm interested in drop away arrow rests (QAD, NAP, etc). I like the idea of the Truglo single pin adjustable sight but I don't know if I'd have enough sense to adjust it if big boy steps out at 25 yards. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, opinions on string leaches or any other string silencers, quivers, dampeners, peep sights, wrist slings, etc. I'm overewhelmed with everything out there and just looking for a little direction based on personal experience. I'll be using it for hunting and the quiver will be removed when in the stand. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hard to answer that question for you; there's so many good products on market today that it's what you want to spend and preference. I like a drop away arrow rest and I like a multi- pin sight; but that is strictly my preference.

Sorry I couldn't help you bro.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

AS the Rev said there are so many good items out there its hard to pick. My accessories of choice are: For a rest I like the NAP Apache drop away. In fact I like it so much the I have 4 bows and all have been switched over to the Apache. Same goes for the bow sights. Three of my 4 bows have Truglo 5 pin Extreme sight. The pins on this sight are small but the long fiber optic encased in the sight makes these the brightest sight I've ever used. The sight does come with its own light but I've found that the pins gather light so well that they are still bright enough to use after legal shooting light. As for silencers all I use not are Limb Saver limb buttons. Most bows today come with some type of string silencer but if not, those rubber "Xs" are fine. Stabilizers - I don't use one for hunting. Today's bows are very quiet and I feel I don't need the extra weight. But if you wish to use one, the S coil is nice and they come in different lengths to balance your bow.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:23 AM
MR2
Spike

I am a big fan of the QAD HDX rest, it has never failed me or any of the people I have set them up for. As far as the sight, that is a decission you will have to make on personal preference. I use a multipin Axcel with no issues, but some people just get confused or have no use for more than one pin. With your setup I wouldn't be afraid to use on pin sight it in for 20 yards and not be too worried if you forget to move it to 25. You should still be in the vitals if you hold in the middle of a deer sized animal. Practice and knowing your equipment will help tremendously with your confidence. Best of luck to ya.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

For a rest, I really like the Ripcord fallaway. Have been using them for 5 years now with no complaints. As for a sight, take a look at the Black Gold brand. Excellent sights and their customer service is second to none. Just IMO. HD.