Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I have gone to the DARK SIDE >

I have gone to the DARK SIDE

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I have gone to the DARK SIDE

Old 08-16-2003, 09:24 PM

Default I have gone to the DARK SIDE

[]It' s true,,This morning I was down to my pro shop and dropped a $100 on a new rest and a 1/2 dozen BEMANS.Me with a WISKER " B" ,,never thought I would see the day.I' m thinking," hey,if you can' t beat um,shoot the same thing" .Well,an old friend,Jimmy Despart was working there,and we talked for a while.He did' nt talk me out of my selections,so I might be on to something [:-]I' m going over to the club to shoot this new fangled " stuff" through some old paper.I' ll make it work, I hope [:-]
Old 08-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I have gone to the DARK SIDE

Be sure and take a flashlight to the range. Don' t want you to stumble over something in the dark. [&:]

I have to admit to being curiously drawn to that side loading version of the WB. Haven' t broken out in cold sweats over it yet though.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:40 PM

Jimmy D is a class guy and a damn good shot with a bow.He has won in vegas.I have seen him plugging the WB on another board.I know I was very skeptical myself.However, I' ve found I can stack em in from 30-40 yds just fine with the WB.Easy to set up too.Good hunting rest IMHO.

CB
Old 08-16-2003, 11:00 PM

Darkside?...Man I got scared, I thought someone else had gotten sucked in to the M. Bows. Sorry I can' t say the word, It' s bad luck, and I gotta shoot next weekend.
Micah[8D]
Old 08-17-2003, 04:47 AM

[>:]The " M" word,,MATHEWS,,There, I SAID IT []I' m not ashamed,[:-]I have been saying the " M" word since 94' .It was followed by words like Z-Lite,and MQ1 and 32.Well,I don' t want to " jinx" MICAH, so I' ll stop " cussin" .

CAJUNBOWHNTR,your right,Jimmy' s a great guy.Love to try and pick his brain when I can get him off the subject of MARTINS.He was talkin up this newer drop away rest,which I' ll admit,seemed like a very good one,but the Wisker B really looks like a hunters " dream rest" .I know it' s got it' s flaws,but it seems there outwayed.I hope so[]The BEMANS are the black ICS.They were already fletch,(yuck)strait,but I' m going to give them a shot," as is" .I see ALOT of the " pros" useing a VERY close to strait,if not strait, fletching setup, so I have to give it a try.
I hope my SQ2 gets along with the WISKER" B" .Oh yea,,,My club has an indoor rang, very well lit.I can go over and shoot {4 min.drive}any time of the day or night.No need to shine the head lights on the target butt,,but I have shined them on one of my McKenzies for some LATE, last minute BH tuneing
Old 08-17-2003, 12:54 PM

[:' (]Droptines..Sorry, I guess I was a little too late to save you....
Just goes to prove...My job is never done...Don' t worry though...for every one that is lost, two more are being saved

Micah[8D]
Old 08-17-2003, 08:52 PM

MICAH, TOO FUNNY !!!!.

Hey, you know what would ALSO be funny, if someone shooting one of those " M" s kicked your butt at your next shoot.[&:]