Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I have left the dark side! >

I have left the dark side!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I have left the dark side!

Old 12-03-2003, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default I have left the dark side!

Well I killed a big bodied buck Monday with my ex-virgin shotgun so I have meat in my freezer, once I finish butchering him I will be back in the woods with my bow, I have a prime spot where one of my daughters and I had a doe within 20 foot feeding for 10 minutes when it was bucks only and also where I killed this buck to set up with the bow. I will admit that I kind of felt bad killing that buck with a gun, but hey it is meat in the freezer.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I have left the dark side!

congrats Taz. I can't seem to get from the dark side myself. I look at my bow every morning then my gun then my bow then my gun etc................... I end up grabbing the Ithica deerslayer and humbled I enter the woods. Tonights the night though. I have one of those "feelings". Go get one with your bow. Heck why not?
Old 12-03-2003, 11:10 AM

Welcom back Tazman! Congrats on your buck! Happy eating.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:19 AM

Nice going Tazman. I am still on the dark side but I'll be firing a retro-rocket this afternoon, hopefully! My son, Joe keeps hoping and praying for my successful re-entry. I told him that my heat shield is a might charred from my last encounter but I'm confident she"ll take the heat.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Taz! Glad to hear you've now got meat in the freezer. The bow buck is coming too, just might take a little longer!
Old 12-04-2003, 02:36 AM

Dark side, light side, what ever. All I know that I am headed back home from over seas work for a month of God, Family and HUNTING. I will be using my Bow for this venture. I used my rifle last time I was home and was scored twice. A big fat doe and an eight pointer. I am headed to Texas for five days of bowhunting. Can't wait!
Old 12-04-2003, 05:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulation Taz. For a second there I thought you meant that you stopped shooting a Mathews...
Old 12-04-2003, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Well, the dark side season is in here but Len and I went out with the sticks this morning. I drew a blank. Len saw about 8 but they never came closer than 40 yards and there was always a limb in the way. They were serenading us with the firesticks all morning though. None closer than a quarter mile though. Some of those boys are going to have to take a break at lunch to buy ammo. Nice frosty morning here. The only thing that came by me was a scrufty fox and a lady walking her dog. She did have on her blaze orange though. It was the landlord of the place. No guns allowed around the place. I guess she's just playing it safe.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

For a second there I thought you meant that you stopped shooting a Mathews...
PAB I shoot a Browning Ambush!
Old 12-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

ok, we will forgive you, but only after you post the pics...

Quick Reply: I have left the dark side!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.