Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Need some help with Octane Hostage rest >

Need some help with Octane Hostage rest

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need some help with Octane Hostage rest

Old 11-13-2011, 04:41 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Default Need some help with Octane Hostage rest

I bought a 2007 Diamond "The Edge" bow for my 12 year old son. Have it tuned down to 19 lbs. Want him to develop good shooting technique. Had it set up for him a bow shop. The problem I'm running into is the practice arrows that I bought for him seem to be hitting the rest. The 3 brush design of the Octane hostage rest ( XL model I think) seems to be hitting the vanes when he shoots and it curves hard. I noticed the arrows that the previous owner gave me that came with the bow seem to be slightly offset...noc isn't exactly 90 degrees to the left side vane. Am I on the right track? How do I get the noc offset like that? obviously store bought practice arrows won't work.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Spike

You should bring it back to the bow shop and have them tune the bow if you didn't have them already, make sure the nock set is at the right height, the rest is set up and the centershot is correct, make sure that you are shooting the arrows with the odd vane up, if the odd vane is to the side, turn the nick until it is up
Old 11-13-2011, 05:52 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Oh my god....I didn't even think to try turning the noc. I just assumed they were glued in there and there wouldn't be a chance of turning them. DUHUH! Thank you.
That probably is the whole problem. I will have him shoot a few tomorrow morning before school. After church today we went to a local sporting good store and picked up half a dozen gold tip practice arrows and 10 bales of hay for a backstop....having him lose the more expensive arrows was a punch in the wallet.

thanks again.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Spike

Not a problem hope it works for ya