Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
limbsaver or bowjax >

limbsaver or bowjax

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

limbsaver or bowjax

Old 10-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default limbsaver or bowjax

i currently have sims products on my bow. Limbsavers on the limbs and super leeches on the string. The never sims products just don't seem to silence the bow as well as the original models did. I am thinking about switching to bowjax. Does anyone know which product is better or are they the same? i don't want to spend alot of money on something they isn't any better. any help would be appreciated. i already checked the internet and found conflicting youtube videos. maybe this will add some clerity. thanks again.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool If you're gonna do it...

Personally, I have always found the Sims stuff to work a little better to my ears and hands on my bows. I think the gap is closing. There are some on various boards that seem to prefer the Jax products on their bows. I found the monster jax to work better than the older ones with only 4 "tentacles" per "jack". The Jax are a bit less expensive than Sims, but then again, you already have the Sims. The one thing about split limb bows is you can install/remove the two kinds as often as you like until you either do or don't hear/feel a difference.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

I like SIMS. I think it's personal preference.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Spike

I would look at fuse stabilizers personally, they seem to quiet the bow down nicley, suck up vibration, if that is a brand you were willing to consider, they usually run from 50-60 bucks