Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Quieting a squeaking dropaway >

Quieting a squeaking dropaway

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Quieting a squeaking dropaway

Old 06-27-2003, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Quieting a squeaking dropaway

In March, I bought a new bow with all the newer high tec accessories. One of these accessories was the nap quicktune 2000 dropaway rest. It has functioned perfectly for me except it has developed a creaking sound--kinda like a rusty door hinge--when I draw (I strongly suspect the spring). It' s not loud, but could probably be detected by deer at the most inconvenient time. Since I already spent nearly a house payment buying all this, I' m not ready to scrap it and buy another new rest. Any ideas???
Old 06-27-2003, 07:05 AM
Spike

Default RE: Quieting a squeaking dropaway

dave you didn' t say what bow you had. if it has a cable guard rod, check the slide, we have a few that would squeak, chatter and bind on the draw. good luck. jim
Old 06-27-2003, 07:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Mathews recommends that I clean my cable guard with denatured alcohol. I have the Quicktune 4000 and it makes no noise.

You might also write NAP and see if they have any ideas. It may take a few days but they will get back to you and have been very helpful to me in the past.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jim--I have the 2003 Razortec. I' m pretty sure the cable guard isn' t to blame. The slight noise is coming from the rest itself and only occurs when it rises during the last part of the draw. I can get it to make the same sound just by raising it manually. I was thinking about using a drop or two of oil on it, but decided to ask here first.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to tear apart and lubricate my TT shaky hunter. it was making the same noise and would do so by mearly lifting the forks with my finger. I took it apart and used vasoline as my lubricant on the interior spring/shaft area.
I used vasoline as it was the only greasy type substance I could find with no detectable odor.
This cured my squeky launcher issue.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

Why not contact NAP, and ask them? They may have encountered this problem before, and have a solution.
Charlie