Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Sight issues with bowtec >

Sight issues with bowtec

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight issues with bowtec

Old 06-16-2003, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sight issues with bowtec

I recently installed and tuned a trophy taker shakey hunter on my 2002 mighty-mite.
With the shaky hunter shooting bullets at 6 feet and tearing the crap out of fletchings at 20 yards with tight groups, I have a sight problem. I was able to tune the bow with the center shot cutting the burger holes to where I can see the lower quarter of the holes under the arrow, hence somewhat maxamizing the centershot and power stroke of the bow.
But now my Toxonics Sniper sight won' t work. I need more play on the gang adjustment to set the 20 yard pendulumn pin. About .25" would do it. The same .25" bowtec moved the darn sight holes above the burger holes when compared to my other two bows (.25" further away from each other than my mathews and reflex). I talked with my dealer and then to bow tec and they suggested I needed a " sight drop down bracket" So they sent one to my dealer who sent it to me. Well, I get it in and the damn thing won' t work on this bow. When I try to install it it hit' s the cable guard mount on the side of the riser. So now I have to trade in my site for one with a 2.5" verticle adjustment (like my savage pendulum has)
Does the aggrevation ever end??
Any suggestions?
Is my nock point too high, yet I' m still able to get perfect bullets?
Old 06-17-2003, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sight issues with bowtec

Helllloooooo
Heellloooooo, anybody out there?
Bueler??
Bueler??
Old 06-17-2003, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I just talked to autumnchaseonline [:@] and the prettymuch told me I can keep my toxonics sight as they would loose too much money allow me to return it. Even though I was GOING to buy my new sight and a dozen arrows from them. Not anymore....

Well, I guess I will try to lower my nock a tad and raise my rest just a bit to see if that will work.

Thanks for the help guys, I knew I could count on all your wonderful insights, helping a fellow archer in a time of need and all-
Old 06-17-2003, 02:25 PM

Dave,

Don' t get down on these guys. What is probablly the case is that alot of guys have either missed this post, or, didn' t have the problem so they couldn' t comment on it.

To get mad at the guys for not responding isn' t the greatest thing to do. I would have answered, but, I don' t know what to tell you. My Toxonics Hybrid III fits perfectly and I have my pins set at 20, 30, 40.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes buckmagnet you are correct. I was just really frusterated yesterday (I won a bid on 12 shafts) after ordering a dozen arrows-my bad.

It' s just annoying sometimes that a simple " muzzy sucks" or something of that nature will get responses out the gazoo and a true problem gets no reply. There was 77 reads as of yesterday, I figured someone would know what to do.

It could also be an anchor point problem, but I Think I anchor like most other people do.

p.s. There is a 2002 mighty-mite on archerytalk.com going for $375. Barely used at all, what a deal!!
Old 06-18-2003, 07:51 AM

Don' t tell me stuff like that Dave, I am already thinking " back-up bow"

Yes, it is frustrating when you have a serious problem and don' t get any replys, then something that is just here to stir the pot gets tons of replys. Kinda not fair, but, that is just how it goes [:' (]

Like I said, I don' t know what to tell you about your sight, but I am bumping this up again to see if someone else can help you out.

Now, don' t be made about winning the shafts, that is just more arrows to practice with and to replace the ones your robinhood
Old 06-18-2003, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave:

My Pro-38 has the same problem. I also am tuned to the point that I am not going to make ANY changes to my setup unless disaster strikes. I was shooting broadheads yesterday, and I am very happy with the bow, accuracy and tune.

BUT I have my sight lowered until I only have about 1/4" left of vertical gang adjustment, and my 3 pins are all below center of the pin guard. If I was using a peep, it would be a problem to center the guard. I can get enough adjustment out of my sight, but apparently you can' t, so I can understand why you are upset.

I heard of the offset bracket, and thought about getting one. I was surprised to see this was not on the web site. I am even more surprised to hear that the bracket does not fit.

I don' t understand the rationale for making the sight mount holes so high that most currently available sights will have a problem, then not addressing the problem properly with an available accessory. As good as the bows are, this whole problem just does not make sense.

I personally am not about to change my setup or anchor point to meet the needs of the sight mount holes. My sight looks kind of " goofy" , but consistent broadhead accuracy is what I am after, and I have it so I am not changing.

If you can' t get the place to take your sight back, you could try to sell it on Ebay.
That, or maybe you have another sight on another bow and the switch would work.

I don' t know what else to say. No question, you have reasons to be upset, and Bowtech has reasons to take care of this problem.[:@]
Old 06-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

[&:][8D] Ya Ya , double tripple Ya!!
I' m not alone and it' s not just me. Hoorra!!!

Whew, now that I know I' m not just plain loosing my mind I can semi-relax. I could swap it out with another sight off another bow, but darn it I wanted new stuff on my new bow. I loaned out one of my bows to a good friend and don' t really fancy upgrading " his" equipment above mine. My z-light' s savage is the featherweight and I was wanting the Max next time.

I might try e-bay as I' m not fond of messing with a good thing. If the 20 pin wasn' t fixed to the gang adjustment I could just lower the single pin lower in the sight bracket.

Another downer on using the " dropdown bracket" (that won' t fit) is it would also lower the quiver mount and thus the quiver that much lower. This matters when shooting a short ata bow.

Thanks for the reply, If I smoked I' d go have a ciggerarette!!
I don' t, so I guess I' ll just have to chill without.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:10 AM

Try talking to Phil from BowTech. He could probablly give you some ideas. Like Joe said, if you are going to get rid of the site, you could always try and sell it on E-Bay and make some of your money back.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Phil? what' s his site name?

Quick Reply: Sight issues with bowtec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.