Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Vibration test #2!!!  WOW!! >

Vibration test #2!!! WOW!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vibration test #2!!! WOW!!

Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Maybe you should!

No test is going to convince everyone. Maybe a blind test might be informative. I can tell though that most of what I read, and all of what I feel and hear is opposite of what you are saying, Dan. I will agree that the Jax are more durable, though the only Sims product I have ever had trouble with is the string leeches. From what you say, the owners of Jax are great people. If the Jax actually got rid of more vibe and noise, I'd certainly use them, especially considering the price difference. The problem is that every time I've tried Jax and went back to Sims on the same bow, it got quieter and had less vibe to it. I guess your bows must just be different. Mono has done a good job of posting these videos on various message boards. If you see the one on AT, he has certainly convinced enough to make it worth while. The problem is that it does not simulate what happens on a real bow, and for the vast majority, it shows results that are very opposite of what we feel and hear. That's why people complain about the videos. JMHO
Old 02-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
What do you say about in hand testing?

I sure don't use them because they are pretty

My biggest complaint with Sims over the years as a Dealer and as a user has been the durability issue, but I'd still use them if they were as effective or more effective. IMHO it is the opposite

Like I said i'd like to do a blind fold test with a group of guys. I would guess the results would be eye opening at the very least.

Dan
I'm totally not arguing that Dan, nor trying to make one side look better bc I don't care about either brand.

I was just talking about the test in general. It's no apples to apples in this test.

Blindfold is totally different as perception is also involved. Way more realistic than this test either way
Old 02-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm actually basing my opinion not only on my own findings in my own bows but on feedback from 100's of customers.

Sims dbl sided tape has not been the most durable either, but they are going to finally begin using industrial tape. That's a good move.

Dan
Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by drockw
I'm totally not arguing that Dan, nor trying to make one side look better bc I don't care about either brand.

I was just talking about the test in general. It's no apples to apples in this test.

Blindfold is totally different as perception is also involved. Way more realistic than this test either way
Why would I care? I have both in the store and for sale. As far as the test you can find flaws in any test.

Apples to Apples? It looks like both are getting handed the same type of vibration? What's not apples to apples about that? Whether it's realistic to limbs under tension or not then you can argue that, but they are comparing apples to apples.

Dan
Old 02-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Why would I care? I have both in the store and for sale. As far as the test you can find flaws in any test.

Apples to Apples? It looks like both are getting handed the same type of vibration? What's not apples to apples about that? Whether it's realistic to limbs under tension or not then you can argue that, but they are comparing apples to apples.

Dan
I wasn't implying that u had an agenda or anything, I was just stating my open on the validity of this test, not the products... Yours and your customers opinions are certainly not in question by me. I have never tested both, which is why I have zero say in what is better...

The test itself is not an apples to apples comparison of a fired bow. The bowjax clearly, and fairly win in this comparison no doubt. That us all that can be said about this. At this low frequency, they make the LS look terrible... But this test is not even close to the frequency of a bow shot.

If that was really how all testing was done you would have Lots of innaccurate info from every co... Luckily, most do realistic tests and we do not have to worry about that

once again I'm not trying to pu my opinion in here... I'm just trying to let it be known that vibe just isn't vibe... The noise results are different at different vibrations...
Old 02-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Please explain why the test is not apples to apples? You do know what that means?

Both are given the same type of vibration to quiet down. That's apples to apples. It's clear which does the best in that particular test.

Whether or not it's comparable to a bow being shot....................Well that can be argued, but the test is Apples to Apples.

When you compare 2 products with the same test, given the exact type of vibration to handle. I would consider that apples to apples.

Makes me No difference either. If you do a search of my Pic where I killed the Mulie Buck this past December, you will see BowJax as well as Sims products on my BowTech Captain.

Dan