Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Vibration test #2!!!  WOW!! >

Vibration test #2!!! WOW!!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vibration test #2!!! WOW!!

Old 02-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Vibration test #2!!! WOW!!

I can't believe what I am seeing.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c528_1xDhtg
Old 02-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Spike

Yes I wondered about it too. But now look at this video clip fom Sims:
http://www.limbsaver.com/2010/video_center/
Click on "Slow Motion Videos & Tests"
Click on "Archery"
Click on "Dampening Products"
Sims did their tests using a real bow. All manufacturers do things to make their products look the best. But off hand the Sims testing does at least appear more "real world."
Old 02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Impressive, and though it's not a "bow" per se, the results were pretty obvious!!! And the Bow-Jax are actually a little cheaper...
Old 02-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
Impressive, and though it's not a "bow" per se, the results were pretty obvious!!! And the Bow-Jax are actually a little cheaper...
I actually switched to personally using the BowJax products a couple of years ago.

I could actually hear and feel the difference. Top notch products at competetive prices.

Dan
Old 02-03-2010, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

While the bowjax do work, the BowJax contraption test on youtube is so NOT indicative of what is actually going on with a bow. The limbs are not stressed/preloaded to the nearly the same degree there is no tension from string/cables. As I said on AT- it's like testing the merits of a submarine on dry land.

LS has their own test as well as high speed video of BJ vs Navcom where you can see how the BJ react under actual shooting conditions. My own "non scientific" testing shows the same results as LS came up with. Elite Archery decided to do some testing themselves after feedback on their forum about the positive experience people were having using LS over the stock BowJax- and for 2010, LS products are on their bows.

Of course I could care less what anyone uses, but the BJ "proof" videos are a joke.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I saw where Limb Saver is now switching to industrial strength tape on their products. About time!

BowJax has used it since day one.

As far as the test IMHO vibration is vibration I think the video speaks for itself. IMO most guys are more into looks than actual effectiveness. I am guilty also, thus my reluctance to switch to BowJax for a couple years. The Monster Jax are every bit as effective as anything Limb Saver has out and I challenge anyone to test them side by side and tell me different.

Just because one company decides to switch to LS over BowJax hardly means anything as there are underlying reasons, cost, affliations with other companies, etc. Don't think LS has not felt the impact BowJax has had on their market share.

I sell both so it hardly makes me any difference what anyone uses, but in my experience, with both companies regarding customer service, effectiveness, durability, & overall quality. I personally will continue to use BowJax.

The last 2 bows I've tried both Limb Savers and BowJax on and I liked the results from the BowJax better, and that's all that matters in my decision.

Dan
Old 02-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

We'll just have to agree to disagree Dan I personally would like to see an unbiased test done on real bows out of a hooter shooter- with decibel/vibe testing equipment. The Sims test can indeed be "biased", however the Bowjax test is like something some kid in high school shop class would come up with

FWIW- Limbsavers/Sims gear are costing Elite more- They had mentioned that on their forum. also while I have no i solid #s of overall marketshare, with amount of OEM gear Sims builds (like say EVERYTHING for Hoyt from stoppers to silencers to riser dampers, to alphashox), plus all the big accounts for over 12 years with the mass marts (wal-Mart, Gander, Cabelas, bass Pro) sporting good stores (Sports Authority, Dicks, etc) and pro-shop sales I doubt bowjax is eating up that much- doubly soconsidering all the other (i.e. not archery related) industries that Sims sell it's Navcom material in.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I never said it was all about $$

We all have our opinions, and I have dealt with both companies on a personal level. Like I said I have used many products from both companies, and there are some products from both that I like. I will also say that I Never used a product from BowJax that after using it I considered it junk. I can Not say that about Sims.

I would like to see a Blind fold test with both products installed on identical bows with a number of shooters. IMHO the outcome would be surprising.

After meeting Stu & Becky at BowJax in ID, I can tell you where the most of my money will go. They are Great people who make a quality product, and care about the durability and performance of what they manufacture. Their customer service is Top Notch and takes a back seat to No one.

Is Sims a Huge Company? Sure! Do they make a good product? No doubt! Is it superior to BowJax? Hardly! and IMO in some cases inferior. BowJax has pushed Sims to make a better product, more durable product.

As far as market share. I am sure Sims has the biggest %, but don't think that Sims does not feel the market lose taken by BowJax. Many things determine sales, and IMO the least of which is product quality and performance. Money spent on marketing and advertising play a Huge role. It's the American way! You need big $$ to make big $$

I only met Stu/Becky one time (last March), but I do plan on stopping in to see them again next month. I consider them friends, and hope they consider me one as well.

Dan
Old 02-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Vibration is not "just vibration" as there are many differen frequencies that will result different net results.

This test has far to low of hz in vibration to be comparable to that of a bow... The test is not up to par bc it is not realistic. The vibe frequency is MUCH higher out of a bow, so this is like testin these products in a totally different field...

It is indeed a neat test to watch, but is not an accurate representation/recreation of a bow fired upon the shot.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by drockw
Vibration is not "just vibration" as there are many differen frequencies that will result different net results.

This test has far to low of hz in vibration to be comparable to that of a bow... The test is not up to par bc it is not realistic. The vibe frequency is MUCH higher out of a bow, so this is like testin these products in a totally different field...

It is indeed a neat test to watch, but is not an accurate representation/recreation of a bow fired upon the shot.
What do you say about in hand testing?

I sure don't use them because they are pretty

My biggest complaint with Sims over the years as a Dealer and as a user has been the durability issue, but I'd still use them if they were as effective or more effective. IMHO it is the opposite

Like I said i'd like to do a blind fold test with a group of guys. I would guess the results would be eye opening at the very least.

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.