Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How good is that Tranquilizer stabalizer? >

How good is that Tranquilizer stabalizer?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How good is that Tranquilizer stabalizer?

Old 06-06-2003, 07:02 PM

Default How good is that Tranquilizer stabalizer?

Does anyone use the Tranquilizer stabalizer made by Golden Key Futura? What are your comments on it? Thanks
Old 06-06-2003, 08:02 PM

Default RE: How good is that Tranquilizer stabalizer?

It' s a good stabilizer, really it depends on what you are looking for. I like them on my Mathews Q2XL & my Bowtech Extreme VFT. The reasons I like them is because I wanted a stabilizer that is light in weight yet removes a fair amount of shock. I also wanted something right in the 8" range but nothing longer. The tranquilizer does a great job on both of these bows. I have been using a tranquilizer on my Q2XL for over a year now and I am very happy with it for hunting. I see no reason to change and have not found anything else that works any better. Now for 3-D I do not use the Tranquilizer, I am currently using a Vibracheck Fat Free in the 26" length and am happy with it and it does an ok job of removing shock but honestly I wanted a longer stabilizer that seemed to steady quickly and out of the models I tested this was the best I had access too. I wished I could have tried the Beiter' s for my 3-D bow.

Anyway enough rambling, for hunting the Tranquilizer does a great job but you need to try it out on your bow and decide what features you are looking for in a hunting stabilizer. Good Luck!
Old 06-06-2003, 08:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Same comments here. I had owned one of the original Tranquilizers shortly after it came out and I felt that it did wonders for noise and vibration. It was a little too light to really add any forward balance to the bow but I see that the new models are now tapped to accept weights/accessories.

I also recently picked up a Tranquilizer shorty to use in conjuction with a Sims Enhancer 2000 on my Patriot SC but have not had the opportunity to install them yet.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one of the Original Tranquilizers and IMO it is the best you can buy