Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tranquilizer guns/darts..... >

Tranquilizer guns/darts.....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tranquilizer guns/darts.....

Old 06-04-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Tranquilizer guns/darts.....

do you know where i could buy a tranquilizer gun? do i have to have a special license, permit, or whatever?... and if its even legal then does anyone know a place where i could go to purchase one? i greatly appreciate any info.
thanks,
MCH
Old 06-04-2004, 12:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Tranquilizer guns/darts.....

You can probably get the gun through a veternary supply house , but the tranks are prescription drugs .

Got a hot date Saturday night ?
Old 06-04-2004, 01:01 PM

lol! not exactly, i was thinkin more along the lines of using 1 for a hog, so i could be close to it so i can study it......4 fun and then probably use it on a javelina to relocate it(probably to my great aunts property) because they are annoying, i always catch those in our trap, and they set it off before n e hogs can get to it.

so how do u think i could located a "veternary supply house"? and get a gun and tranquilizer??? they would also probably want alot of money for it too....
Old 06-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the link you need: https://www.pneudart.com/index.php

They sell darts and guns.

As stated, you will need to get the drugs from a veterinarian and a lot of drugs used are controlled, which means the vet will not dispense them to you. Possibly where hogs are concerned, you might be able to get a noncontrolled tranquilizer from your usual vet if he/she knows you really well. However, I wouldn't trust a wild animal with just a tranquilizer to not "wake up" and bite you if you are not careful.

As far as transporting them, why not just have a trap that can be loaded on a trailer (flatbed, horse, etc.) and just haul them in the trap without drugs.

I am a vet, so if you have any other questions, email me direct as I may not check this again for awhile.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:37 PM

i saw that web site but im only 14 and i dont exactly have that kind of cash...
Old 06-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

MadCrazyHunter, I don't know what state you live in but relocating wild animals is illegal in most states
Old 06-04-2004, 06:42 PM

well i mean relocate as in like.... move it to my other property...(actually its my great aunts property)
Old 06-05-2004, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't sound like getting a traquilizer gun would be a smart thing for you, economic or otherwise. Also, Jorgy is probably right, it is probable that relocating any game animal, such as a javelina, would be illegal, even if you own both properties. If the properties join together, then the animal will just return to the original place anyway. Where feral hogs are concerned, it may not be illegal to haul them since they are just "wild" domestic hogs. You would have to check with your state wildlife agency
Old 06-05-2004, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why would you want to relocate a nuisance animal to your aunt's property? Don't you like her? Put a .22 behind their ear and reset your trap.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:55 PM

i dont wanna kill 1 because i think the meat taste like "dookie"! i cant stand the taste of javelina so i see no point in killing it if im not gonna eat it...

Quick Reply: Tranquilizer guns/darts.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.