Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
archery range question >

archery range question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

archery range question

Old 10-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default archery range question

My local archery range is unsupervized at a forest preserve. They do not allow broadheads to be shot there. I would really like to try shooting my rage practice tip a few times before i go out hunting but i am not sure if they are allowed. i know technically it is not a broadhead but dont want to take the chance. What do you think are they allowed at the range or not? I really dont know of anywhere around here that will let you shoot broadheads. Where do you guys go to test shoot your broadheads?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Go pick up a $29.00 broadhead target and shoot anytime you want. I would think that the practice head would be OK to use at the range as well.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

I think there are two reasons that ranges don't allow broadheads. First it's a safety issue and therefore a creates liability for the range. Secondly, they tear up the targets pretty fast.

The rage practice head isn't dangerous, but it will tear up a target more than a fieldpoint (albeit less than a broadhead). I'd play it safe and buy your own target to use for your practice heads.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Spike

try a rhinehart18 side target...........very portable and you won't wear it out very fast!!!