Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Iceman Press questions >

Iceman Press questions

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Iceman Press questions

Old 10-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Iceman Press questions

I have a Ross right now and also just purchased a Diamond Iceman. I want to set up my iceman but don't want to bring it to Cablelas becuase I only trust a couple of gusy there. I want to know if you can back the limb bolts out all the way and use a portable cable press just to insert peep and cable for dropp away rest. IS THAT SAFE TO DO WITH THE ICEMAN????And can you just back limb bolts out all they way and it stops there or will the limbs fly off.

Last edited by tschammel; 10-30-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an Iceman and I haven't tried it but as I recall in the owner's manual, you can back them out a maximum of 3" to change strings, cables, or put on accessories. You might want to check that out in your owner's manual.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

My understanding is that you don't need a bow press if you back out the limb bolts. I wouldn't want to use a bow press if the limb bolts were backed out 3" on both ends.