Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Blazer Vanes or QAD LD Rest Problems, what should I do?!? >

Blazer Vanes or QAD LD Rest Problems, what should I do?!?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazer Vanes or QAD LD Rest Problems, what should I do?!?

Old 08-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blazer Vanes or QAD LD Rest Problems, what should I do?!?

I am not quite sure what vane I am going to have to go to now?

I just got doone shooting a little bit with Beman ICS arrows wrapped/BLAZERS...and no matter which way I turn my arrow I cant get clearance from hitting my OAD LD drop away rest?? I am actually hitting the felt that is placed on my riser shelf and the arm that holds the launcher arm??

I never shot any four inch vanes but from eyeballing it, I am not going to be able to even clear with them?

Does anybody have any suggestions?? The centershot should be right as it was set a few days ago at the pro-shop?? Does anybody have any suggestions on new Vanes???

I am switching to a smaller diameter FMJ arrow so maybe that combined with a smaller profile vane, I can get enough clearance???

Last edited by WesternMdHardwoods; 08-04-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WesternMdHardwoods
I am not quite sure what vane I am going to have to go to now?

I just got doone shooting a little bit with Beman ICS arrows wrapped/BLAZERS...and no matter which way I turn my arrow I cant get clearance from hitting my rest?? I am actually hitting the felt that is placed on my riser shelf??

I never shot any four inch vanes but from eyeballing it, I am not going to be able to even clear with them?

Does anybody have any suggestions?? The centershot should be right as it was set a few days ago at the pro-shop?? Does anybody have any suggestions on new Vanes???

I am switching to a smaller diameter FMJ arrow so maybe that combined with a smaller profile vane, I can get enough clearance???
I'd start by setting up your bow correctly.

Raise your nocking point and your rest. Unless you are shooting a bow made in the 1970s... blazer vanes will clear just fine.

What bow and rest are you shooting?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

The centershot should be right as it was set a few days ago at the pro-shop??
Not all shops that sell bows are "pro" shops.

Raise your nocking point and your rest. Unless you are shooting a bow made in the 1970s... blazer vanes will clear just fine.
I totally agree with Swamp.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SwampCollie

What bow and rest are you shooting?

I am shooting a QAD LD dropaway rest. I had the rest put on at the pro-shop and he actually did raise the nocking point. That was the first thing he said was "I gotta tie ya in a new loop because I have to raise your nocking point for this rest".... I dont know why, I didnt ask I just figured he knew??

If I do raise the rest I am still going to be hitting the arm that is holding the arrow launcher, I am hitting it now!??
Old 08-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kanga
Not all shops that sell bows are "pro" shops.

Haha I know it is just a habit of saying that. Well if it is any difference the shop owners brother is a "Pro" shooter, he actually just won Hoyt shooter of the year?!? haha

I totally agree with Swamp.
read what I just wrote back to Swamp?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are some pics if they help?
Old 08-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

From the pics it looks like the vane towards the camera is making contact.

Are you sure the rest is dropping fast enough so it does not impeed the vanes.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kanga
From the pics it looks like the vane towards the camera is making contact.

Are you sure the rest is dropping fast enough so it does not impeed the vanes.

Kanga the vane to the right of the **** feather is the one hitting, the place where I get the best clearnace but am still hitting is when the c@ck feather is at a 1o'clock position. Here are some pics of where it is hitting according to a lipstick test....

Old 08-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

why not DIY it ?

In my opinion, looking at the second pic where the launcher is ****ed I think your arrow is pointing upwards, meaning you need to move the rest up or lower the nocking point. Second of all, the pull cord si set too high on your cable and that's making it drop too slow. I am shooting a fast bowtech airborne 82nd with a QAD and blazers and it works fine.
This is probably the best link about the subject;
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tech...away-rest.html
If not try contacting QAD , they are very helpful !

Frank
Belgium
Old 08-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad you found that link so I didn't have to Frank!

WestMD:

Just by looking at the picture from the 'shooter perspective' of your loaded arrow... I'd say your center shot is off quite a bit. Pictures can be quite deceiving though. I agree with Frank as well... that it looks like you are nock low... while this won't effect left side contact with the riser... it will definately effect arrow flight. If your Martin is a single cam, it should be set up plum or 1/16 to 1/8 nock high (and that is the measurement from the bottom of the arrow... not the bottom of the nock! The nock and the bottom of the arrow are often at least 1/16th different from each other!).

There are two timing marks on the rest body and thumbwheel. When you draw the bow, you should see those marks come into alignment about 1-1.5" before your are at full draw. No more than 1.5"! I like to tie mine in place, but you can certainly use that clamp to the same end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.