Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 broadhead tuning question >

broadhead tuning question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

broadhead tuning question

Old 07-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Assuming that your arrows are spined properly and you have checked the broadhead alignment with your shafts and your broadheads do not wobble at all then broadhead tuning is very very simple.

Move your rest toward the field tip group in very very small incriments. Like 1/32 - 1/16 inch at a time.

Your field tip group will move as you do this but not nearly as much as your broadhead group will. They will eventually come together.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:52 AM

The culprit to the problem was actually the rest. The RipCord rest I was using was not falling quick enough to avoid contact with the fletching. There was no evidence on the fletching, but we sprayed some powder on the rest to see that was rubbing. When shooting the field tips, the arrow was able to stabilize and shoot accurately. With the broadheads, the arrow would not stabilize. Because this is the second time I have had to send back the RipCord, I decided to try a new rest...the Bodoodle. A new issue now has arisen and that is my shooting form. I am torquing the grip of my bow a little bit and that is kicking the tail of the arrow a little. We were able to papertune the bow so that the arrows were punching a perfect hole. I just need to work on my form a little.