Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 does this sound correct to you experience bow owners? >

does this sound correct to you experience bow owners?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

does this sound correct to you experience bow owners?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default does this sound correct to you experience bow owners?

my arrow when rest on the arrow rest and the end is click onto the string, the front of the arrow looks a bit tilted downward. Should it be straight flat front to back?
Old 05-13-2009, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: does this sound correct to you experience bow owners?

The arrow should be perpendicular to the string or perhaps slightly nock high. If it is nock high, it should be barely noticable with the naked eye. Can you use a level to check? Or, maybe put an arrow on the string and stand back to view it.

Do you know if your bow is a binary cam system? Generally, binaries are set-up with the arrow level when the string is plum (perpendicular). I believe single cams are often set-up nock high but my limited experience is with binaries.

Read TFOX's thread titled 'Don't Stop at Walk-Back'. It is pinned at the top of this technical forum section. He discusses nock point set-up.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Fork Horn

i own a parker spitfire with single cam. i'm gonna do a few experiments and see which shoots better. thanks
Old 05-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Get yourself a bowsquare and check your nock point. If you're new to bow tuning, stop by your local bowshop and they can show you how to set nock height. From dead-level to up to 1/4 high is the normal range of nock settings depending on bow.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

The arrow should be perpendicular to the string or perhaps slightly nock high. If it is nock high, it should be barely noticable with the naked eye. Can you use a level to check? Or, maybe put an arrow on the string and stand back to view it.

Do you know if your bow is a binary cam system? Generally, binaries are set-up with the arrow level when the string is plum (perpendicular). I believe single cams are often set-up nock high but my limited experience is with binaries.

Read TFOX's thread titled 'Don't Stop at Walk-Back'. It is pinned at the top of this technical forum section. He discusses nock point set-up.
X2

Dan
Old 05-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of arrow rest do you have? Does the rest move up when you draw the bow? My rest (limbdriver) is down when the bow is not at full draw and the arrow would be laying on the shelf and pointing down. When the bow is drawn the rest raises up and that is when I get the level arrow the others are mentioning. If you have a static rest and not a dropaway then disregard.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

What kind of arrow rest do you have? Does the rest move up when you draw the bow? My rest (limbdriver) is down when the bow is not at full draw and the arrow would be laying on the shelf and pointing down. When the bow is drawn the rest raises up and that is when I get the level arrow the others are mentioning. If you have a static rest and not a dropaway then disregard.
Good point & very true Bruce!

Dan