Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Question on drop-away rests >

Question on drop-away rests

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question on drop-away rests

Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question on drop-away rests

I currently shoot a Hoyt Oasis bow, 41in. A/A. The bow is eleven yrs old and I was interested in maybe going to a drop-away type rest. The guy at my local proshop says that drop-aways don't work on this bow but he didn't explain why. Does anyone have an opinion on this and if there is one I could shoot, what would you recommend. Also, isthere any technical data that supports theadvantages of a drop-away over a fixed rest?

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 04-02-2009, 05:15 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Question on drop-away rests

I would suggest a Muzzy zero effect for that bow. I love em. They just don't work well with parrellel limb bows like the newer ones. But that bow would be fine. they make a special one for hoyts.

With the MZE, you can time the drop to be 1" after release or up to 6" or more. You got containment.

Any of the newer drop aways will work too. I am not sure why your tech said that.