Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

drop away rests

Old 01-06-2007, 05:19 AM

Default drop away rests

do you guys with dropaways use regular size vanes or do you use the small tiny vanes? ive heard that some people say there fletching still hits on some dropaways with the bigger vanes 5 inch i think it is. should i switch to the smaller vanes, or is it more the type of rest that causes the problem?
Old 01-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: drop away rests

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone with Blazer veins. Can't hardly beat the setup! If you're not familiar with Blazers, have a look at them and you'll see why.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I totally agree, the TR Drop Zone with Blazers is easily THE best shooting combo I have ever seen. In fact, the majority of shooters I hunt and shoot 3D's with shoot this exact set-up.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:16 AM

i use 1.87" vanes with my dropaway

(not with broadheads of course)
Old 01-08-2007, 05:59 PM

trophy ridge? the worst company in all of archery! i'd bet my left nut i could beat the setup, but like they have stated the blazer vanes are nice.
anyway big ten, vane size shouldn't matter with your drop away and should be adjusted to your riser.forsmall to medium sized broadheads you can't hardly beat the blazzer, but if you're using a large head for largegame i'd recommend a feather in 4".
jackson bowner & IL-Cornfed... it angers me that you actualy gave these idoits money!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:59 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I changed nothing when I switched over to the Muzzy Zero Effect a few years back.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Drop aways are great and use them with the Blazer vanes. I was using a Whisker Bisquit and since I made the switch, I will never go back again! I don't have to refletch near as much as what I was with the WB. I have the NAP QuickTune 2000 and it does a good job.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:33 PM

i just exploded my NAP prong rest and replaced it with a Vapor Trail Limb Driver drop away. i shoot 2" blazer vanes with it and have no problems except smacking my own arrows now.......

speed

Old 01-13-2007, 09:39 PM

Use Blazers.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: waltwittman

trophy ridge? the worst company in all of archery! i'd bet my left nut i could beat the setup, but like they have stated the blazer vanes are nice.
anyway big ten, vane size shouldn't matter with your drop away and should be adjusted to your riser.forsmall to medium sized broadheads you can't hardly beat the blazzer, but if you're using a large head for largegame i'd recommend a feather in 4".
jackson bowner & IL-Cornfed... it angers me that you actualy gave these idoits money!
I honestly can't believe I'm reading that right ?!? Would you please care to elaberate on WHY you believe that one of the biggest and most successful archery accessory manufacturers in the sport is the "worst company". [&:][:@]

I can only imagine what you'restory will be but I'm willing to bet that it's you general lack of knowledge of the product that has you misdirected.

Oh, and for the record, consider you "left nut"on thetable!

Quick Reply: drop away rests

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.