Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NEW SIGHT

Old 03-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Spike

Default NEW SIGHT

I'm finally going to replace my old sight.
I'm looking for a 4 pin fiber optic.....
Any Suggestions???

Thanks
Eric
Old 03-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NEW SIGHT

I like my Apex Gear Nitrous.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a 4-pin for shooting in hunter class... the only way to go in my opinion is with the new Axcel Armortough HD... Its a really nice sight.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Spot-Hogg. I have the hunter Hogg-it with a wrap. It has 5 pins instead of the 4 that you want but the pins adjust easily and precisely.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using a Spot Hogg now and have been for the last 4 years. I can't see myself changing sights anytime soon. They really hard tough as nails and very accurate.

That being said, it really depends on your price range. The Axcel sight mentioned above are a very good sight, but you'll pay for them. Most of the high end hunter class sights are going to run you 150.00 or more.

Another nice sight not mentioned are the new Octane sights. They look a lot like the Spot Hoggs in many ways and should prove to be just as rugged and dependable.

If you can't spend that kind of cash on a sight, take a look at the Copper John sights. They're very reasonably priced and very well built.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

You have to decide which features you are looking for in a sight, and which of those you'll acually use. I have a several micro adjust sights. Some are quick and easy, some take more time to adjust than a regular dovetail mount with stacked slider pins. With a nice east to read adjustment scale, a quality dovetailwith slider pins is just as easy to tune asmost micro adjusts imho. Plus they weigh less and are cleaner looking....And they save you up to half the cost of a comparable micro adjust. Viper makes a great looking, easy to tune hunter sight for under a hundred bucks. Sword makes some great high quality sights as well that have all the features of the high dollar SH and Axcels for much less money.Food for thought.