EDIT-back up..." />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

LMAO

Old 03-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default LMAO

A post was just made on Archery Talk showing pics a dryfired Mathews Monster (wasn't pretty-way too much cam damage for a single dry-fire-looked like a pretzel) and within a minute the site went down- that thread was overloaded-

Or Matt bribed Terry to shut 'er down

EDIT-back up again

EDIT 2_ back down again
Old 03-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: LMAO

Duh, I really am amused at some people or even companie reps. that say their bows can withstand dryfires. Not saying Mathews ever said this.

Another amusing moment I witnessed several years ago at a large 3D shoot. A Mcpherson dealer was purposely walking around dryfiring bows trying to prove how tough they were. Never broke a bow that day that I know of, but I don't believe he helped his sales and guys were just shaking their heads.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:01 PM

I would get a kick out of watching some goober walk around dry firing bows. Why why why?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

someone bring over the pics
Old 03-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Idk if you will be able to see the pics if you dont have an AT profile setup but here they are... Its not too bad imo. Teh limbs didnt let go.The bottom cam is pretzeled just as Jeff said. Those thin cams just wont hold that kind of energy.

ANYONE WHO DOESNT THINK THE LIMBS ARE LIKE THE XFORCE... TAKE THE STRING OFF OF ONE AND SEE... THEY LOOK IDENTICAL TO THE MONSTER'S WHEN THEY ARENT PRELOADED!!!

The limbs on all of the new PSE's look like that. The flatten out like they are on an ironing board.

Derek
Old 03-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Especially since it is the bottom cam... there is little/no doubt in my mind that the cam hit something when it was dry fired.

I'll bet that dude is the most hated man in the world.... everybody had been waiting and waiting for that thing to show up... two hours in.... and some schmoe goes and blows her up and ruins it for everybody else.

Our shop got ours in yesterday as well. The presses stopped... and playtime commenced.

I'll come right out and say that I was biased againest it. I figured it was going to be harsh as an 82nd Airborne with the valley of an X-Force. I was looking forward to reporting how bad it sucked... I don't bash without some first hand knowledge though.

I gotta say..... I got nothing either... Yes the draw is 'stout' which is to be expected.... but it is smooth... honestly it feels like a mathews draw cycle (which makes sense right?). There is a hump right before the valley, but nothing to compare to that on an 82nd which is just haneous.

There is no bow vibration at all on the shot... zero. No jump.... no hop. Only thing is a fair bit of string vibe... and an STS or CSS will kill that quickly.

It ain't for me, but I must say I was impressed, because I expected it to just be fast and nothing more.... but it is a pretty shootable bow.

Ours was set at 29"/70#. Shot with a downforce rest. Only two soft nocks (tied in) and a loop on the string. Using a 31" Maxima Hunter 350 with a 100gr tip and blazers that weighed 436gr, she clocked at 316fps. That is a flipping log of an arrow... and it is stroking right along.... if my math is correct.. that should be hitting IBO speed dang near on the nose... which is probably the most impressive thing of all to me.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

My shop's demo is supposed to be in friday- prolly won;t be able to get to it til MOnday.

I have no desire to buy such a bow, but I am anxious to check it out- If its got more valley than the XForce, and is more polite than the Xforce at the shot , then Matt is gonna sell the hell out of them.

I know the XF has it's fans, but the only redeeming qualities IMO about it is the comfy grip, and how quiet it is for the speed- the vibe in the riser and recoil is typical PSE. It def needs a string stopper (shot the 08s), and tons of Sims gear- and draw lengths that are not 3/4" long. People bash Mathews for their advertising- but the whole Xforce ad campaign "message" (print, video, etc) is a bigger joke than anything Matt has done.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

My shop's demo is supposed to be in friday- prolly won;t be able to get to it til MOnday.

I have no desire to buy such a bow, but I am anxious to check it out- If its got more valley than the XForce, and is more polite than the Xforce at the shot , then Matt is gonna sell the hell out of them.

I know the XF has it's fans, but the only redeeming qualities IMO about it is the comfy grip, and how quiet it is for the speed- the vibe in the riser and recoil is typical PSE. It def needs a string stopper (shot the 08s), and tons of Sims gear- and draw lengths that are not 3/4" long. People bash Mathews for their advertising- but the whole Xforce ad campaign "message" (print, video, etc) is a bigger joke than anything Matt has done.
The string stops really make the vibe a whole lot better. They feel like different bows imo. What i hate about most of the shorter xforces is the kick from the bottom. It feels like someone is trying to make the top cam hit you in the head after you shoot it[&:] IMO, i thin the bowmadness bows feel better than the xforces and they are cheaper!

Derek
Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have yet to see the Bowmadness, but the PSE rep was by recently trying to get the shop to get some in (no go-not with a dozen 08 X tech bows sitting around collecting dust) but the shop owner did say the BM was by far the best feeling/nicest shooting bow PSE has had in awhile. Singles are a HARD sell these days locally- which is funny cos at one time this shop was one of the top 5 volume Mathews dealers in the country.

One thing I've taken notice about the more experienced (i.e. not newbie) clientle base at the shop is that there is a small (but vocal about their pref) sect of people who obviously love the Mathews and are single cam fans, and that is what they want, and won't try anything else. Then the majority have "moved beyond" singles and don't even bother looking at the Mathews, Diamonds, Bear or other singles. It seems only the new-ish shooters gravitate towards the singles- cos they feel smoother on the draw.

:shrug: I like singles (with good nock travel) and always have- I wish someone could design one that feels like the Outback cam, and has the speed of a Binary cam.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

I have yet to see the Bowmadness, but the PSE rep was by recently trying to get the shop to get some in (no go-not with a dozen 08 X tech bows sitting around collecting dust) but the shop owner did say the BM was by far the best feeling/nicest shooting bow PSE has had in awhile. Singles are a HARD sell these days locally- which is funny cos at one time this shop was one of the top 5 volume Mathews dealers in the country.

One thing I've taken notice about the more experienced (i.e. not newbie) clientle base at the shop is that there is a small (but vocal about their pref) sect of people who obviously love the Mathews and are single cam fans, and that is what they want, and won't try anything else. Then the majority have "moved beyond" singles and don't even bother looking at the Mathews, Diamonds, Bear or other singles. It seems only the new-ish shooters gravitate towards the singles- cos they feel smoother on the draw.

:shrug: I like singles (with good nock travel) and always have- I wish someone could design one that feels like the Outback cam, and has the speed of a Binary cam.
X2 I absolutely LOVED that bow. I wanted one soo bad at the time they came out but couldnt afford it and bought the Hoyt Ultra-Mag that ive mentioned before. Now I've had 6 different Hoyts and 0 Mathews lol Not that there is a bias or anything, just not my cup o' tea I sure wouldnt mind having a SwitchbackXT for hunting though. Cant afford anymore right now tho.

Derek

Quick Reply: LMAO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.