Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How Solid a Back Wall on a.......

Old 04-19-2003, 01:28 PM

Default How Solid a Back Wall on a.......

Dual Cam Patriot? I have a 2002 Single Cam,and im very interested in obtaining a Dual Cam as well,but would like to Have the Back Wall similiar to the Infinity Cam.This Bow is totally AWESOME and Deadly Accurate,and i cant wait to try the Dual Cam.Thank' s!
Old 04-19-2003, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How Solid a Back Wall on a.......

HiddenHunter,
The wall on the Dual Cam Patriot is obviously not going to be quite as solid as the Infinity single cam due to the I-Cam using a peg style draw stop which stops hard against the bow' s limb..............BUT it is about as solid of a wall as you are going to feel in a dual cam bow. I would compare it to the feel of the original BowTech post feed cam that didn' t utilize a peg style stop.
One note.....the wall is especially solid when this model (and all the Dual Cam BowTech models) is at it' s peak draw length for that model. For the Dual Cam Patriot that is at 30" . I have a 30" draw length, and for me the wall is as solid as any single cam bow I' ve shot.
On my Pro40 Dually I still have my normal 30" draw length, but since that model has room via module to extend to 31" the wall I experience on this bow Vs. the Patriot is just a tad less " rock" solid but still very nice. This is what any draw length under max for that model will feel like.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:50 PM

My 29 inch Pat DC' s wall is very solid. I still have my ' 02 single Pat and it sure is a keeper. Cam sync is very important for the best wall on the BKII cams. Accuracy is as good or better than the Infinity cam when tuned right. Even when they are out of sync slightly the Dually is very forgiving and accurate.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:53 PM

I get the same speed with a 457 grain arrow at 64 pounds with the Dually as I get with the single at 71 pounds. Enjoy
Old 04-20-2003, 03:14 AM

Thank' s Gentelmen! Time to go Shopping again!
Old 04-20-2003, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, the wall is pretty solid on the Dually' s, but nothing is as solid as a limb stop ala the I-cam.

And Matt' s advice about draw length mods is spot-on!

[8D]