(good vid on the VT website). No having to split a bow-cable and draw and re-draw a bazillion times to get the rest timing correct, then try to serve in the tie cord without..." />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Limbdriver

Old 02-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Limbdriver

Im actually using the target style launcher on my LD right now, and i believe i will use it for hunting next year if i can adapt the containment arms to it. I see no need in having the wider launcher if your arrow is held anyway.

Jeff, i forgot about this pic but this is how my 101st setup was. It had mike carter's strings on it and he made me a LD cord to match the rest of the strings.

THat seemed to do very well. It was super easy to adjust b/c all i had to do to change the up/down of the launcher was take off the bottom part of the cable and twist it, thus tightening or loosening the tension. Im probably going to make one like this for my AM now that i can do it for myself, i just havent gotten around to it yet.

Derek
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Derek,
The Capture Launcher is a complete launcher in itself, that replaces the entire launcher.

I've never had to readjust tension on the cord that attaches to the Limb once I set it up.

Guess I'm lucky!

Dan
Old 02-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan,

Question for you. With the LD, is it possible to mount the rest in such a fashion that the arrow passes through the berger holes on the bow without have to mount the rest itself farther back, away from the shelf?

The reason I ask is that I am constantly finding that most rests will not allow this configuration on the Bowtechs. The holes are simply too low to achieve this without mounting the rest so far back that either A. the prongs are behind the shelf, or B. youraise the rest up and cut down theprongs to shorten them to lower the arrow.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Dan,

Question for you. With the LD, is it possible to mount the rest in such a fashion that the arrow passes through the berger holes on the bow without have to mount the rest itself farther back, away from the shelf?

The reason I ask is that I am constantly finding that most rests will not allow this configuration on the Bowtechs. The holes are simply too low to achieve this without mounting the rest so far back that either A. the prongs are behind the shelf, or B. youraise the rest up and cut down theprongs to shorten them to lower the arrow.
See Pic on previous page. I set all my Bows to go through the center of the Berger hole.

Actually a rest is a little more forgiving if set back a tad.

Dan
Old 02-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

In the pic it looks like the launcher contacts the shelf, and is cusioned by the foam. Is this correct?

That is what I have ended up with when I set up my QAD hunter as well, it seems to work OK.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan,

I was hoping that it was just an adapter[:@] Oh well, either way it doesnt really matter i dont guess...

The only reason i ever had to adjust the cordwas when i was changing DW back and forth on my 101st. I was going back and forth (not often) between 61 and 53#'s for spots. It was just convenient to be able to add or subtract a few twist to get the rest back to the right level.

MuzzyMan---

Here is a pic from my 101st. It was pretty much centered on the berger hole. I was using axis shafts so they are pretty easy to do it with. The launcher is thin, not bulky so it makes it really easy to acomplish a good angle.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dogboy900

In the pic it looks like the launcher contacts the shelf, and is cusioned by the foam. Is this correct?

That is what I have ended up with when I set up my QAD hunter as well, it seems to work OK.
You are correct!

Derek, The poundage change explains why you have to mess with the cord. My Bows get buried and stay that way, but then I don't shoot indoors anymore

Dan
Old 02-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah...LimbDriver RAWKS!

No noise issues.

Arrow flight right out of the gate was absolutely brilliant. Once I got the sight dialed in I was tagging nocks on the Maxima Selects (thank god for those new nock collars).

Old 02-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I new you would like it.

I would too,but I like my Whammy and it doesn't have the long cable for me to rip my rest off my bow with.[&:]
Old 02-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I new you would like it.

I would too,but I like my Whammy and it doesn't have the long cable for me to rip my rest off my bow with.[&:]
TFOX You got long cables on your Bow![8D]

You might rip your cams off if you get'em hung up

Dan

Quick Reply: Limbdriver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.