(good vid on the VT website). No having to split a bow-cable and draw and re-draw a bazillion times to get the rest timing correct, then try to serve in the tie cord without..." />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Limbdriver

Old 02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Limbdriver

The New Capture armsare in stock and available. You can actually adjust them to hold you arrow in place while the bow is turned upside down.

I never thought I needed one as I've never had a problem as is, but I will put one on just so I know how well they work!

Dan
Old 02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody who says 'yas' in the state of VA is definately not from here. And having been born and raised here, I've never heard the term 'jam nut' either.

Additionally, most of the stupid people we have here are from the north... the 'Virginia-ese' [sic] term for them is 'come-here's', but damn yankees is still often used.
Born and raised myself- Father and his family from Moneta/Bedford- I grew up in NOVA (back when it was still fairly rural-not like now)- y'all is more common, but I've heard "yas" as a plural as well. Jam nut also common growing up in my family/father's circle of friends. And def I came from a "damn yankees" saying family

Jeff one thing to add.... I think that serving the tag end up and aroundto the main line is a fine idea, but make sure that you identify the shortest route to it. Things aren't going to fall up naturally, and while you'll still have the set to hold the cord taught, if it does ever back itself out youdon't want to have a long loop created by your tag end that could say wrap over the end of the bar or in any way change the timing of your drop.
Thanx for the tip- I thought about that as well.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Jeff, I put string Jax on mine because it only takes a second. I doubt there is much noise there, but that should take care of any there is.

The Limb Driver is the simplest Dropaway I've setup, and day in day out out performs all others.

You mean serve it in like this?

I also put very little pressure on the cord from the set screw. I just slightly snug.

Dan

Yup I was thinking something like what you have there Dan-

How soft is the containment piece on the new launcher? Things like that kind of make me wonder- there HAS to be some un-natural downward pull/pressure on the arrow to some extent as the rest snaps down- especially if it;s tight enough to hold the arrow in place when you turn the bow nearly upside down.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Anybody who says 'yas' in the state of VA is definately not from here. And having been born and raised here, I've never heard the term 'jam nut' either.

Additionally, most of the stupid people we have here are from the north... the 'Virginia-ese' [sic] term for them is 'come-here's', but damn yankees is still often used.
Born and raised myself- Father and his family from Moneta/Bedford- I grew up in NOVA (back when it was still fairly rural-not like now)- y'all is more common, but I've heard "yas" as a plural as well. Jam nut also common growing up in my family/father's circle of friends. And def I came from a "damn yankees" saying family

Bedford is certainly a place you'd hear it. NOVA now constitutes anything north of Fredricksburg... damn shame too... used to be a really pretty part of the state.... now its just an oozing parking lot. Its almost impossible to make it to an Orioles game anymore... you have to leave at 9am to make it there for a 735pm game time. Hell be just as easy for me to take the BBT and go up the eastern shore.

Anyway... sorry to hijack.

Dan you got a picture of that full containment/holder system for the limb driver?
Old 02-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, The capture armhas a built in cradle in the arm. You can make it as tight or loose as you prefer. Personally I've never had a need, but many fill they need some type of containment.

Dan
Old 02-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

SC, I hope there is a pic up on my website in the next day or 2.

Dan
Old 02-06-2009, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Bedford is certainly a place you'd hear it. NOVA now constitutes anything north of Fredricksburg... damn shame too... used to be a really pretty part of the state.... now its just an oozing parking lot. Its almost impossible to make it to an Orioles game anymore... you have to leave at 9am to make it there for a 735pm game time. Hell be just as easy for me to take the BBT and go up the eastern shore.

Anyway... sorry to hijack.

Dan you got a picture of that full containment/holder system for the limb driver?
Oh don't get me started- I go home to see my Mom once or twice a year and while it's nice, it makes me really sad when I show my GF (from NY) "I used to go fishing there...".."I used to bowhunt here"..."me and my dad went quail hunting there" I"I used to camp there" now it's all housing developments. One of my buddys back home lived in a townhouse development that was my Father's best friends farm/dog kennel- I practically grew up there hunting and fishing
Old 02-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Jeff, The capture armhas a built in cradle in the arm. You can make it as tight or loose as you prefer. Personally I've never had a need, but many fill they need some type of containment.

Dan
Y'know I totally spaced out about the containment launcher...the arrow will snap out of the holder at full draw, right? It's not holding the arrow at full draw like that NAP flipper/freedom rest?

Old 02-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, It could snap out or just lift out, depending on how tight/loose you set it.

Once it lifts out the deep forks on the launcher has it cradled.

Dan
Old 02-06-2009, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was just going to mention the capture arm. I like the fact that there are different launcher arms available now. I never had any issues with containment, but it certainly would be a nice addition to have. I have NO noticeable noise from the cord, but then again, I'm not a huge noise freak, nor do I believe it plays a major role in harvesting an animal (unless of course it's a monstrous noise). As for the extra cord, many just tie a loose knot, and melt the tag end to prevent slippage.

Quick Reply: Limbdriver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.