Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bucknasty string >

Bucknasty string

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bucknasty string

Old 01-24-2009, 03:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bucknasty string

I can't find a website or anywhere to get a pricing list-- can anyone help me out? Also, if you had to choose between bucknasty and vapor trail, which would you choose?
Old 01-24-2009, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bucknasty string

Look up the member "gibblet" on here and PM him. Perfect timing of this question as I just shot off an email to him to get a new string to replace the vaportrail that came on the bow I recently bought. I wasn't very impressed with the VT string at all & I know the quality I get from bucknasty aka gibblet.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

John Mraz Jr
1115 Morgan Branch Rd
marshall NC 28753
828-680-9862 1-7 PM est
[email protected]

That should get you to him
Old 01-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

John makes a great string, Mine fit perfectly, I should order another one for a spare,
Old 01-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not only does John make the best string I've ever used, he's one heck of a nice guy. Where else can you pick up the phone and talk directly with the owner? John has taken care of me like no one else for a long time now.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Not only does John make the best string I've ever used, he's one heck of a nice guy. Where else can you pick up the phone and talk directly with the owner? John has taken care of me like no one else for a long time now.
Has John helped you clean the last 2 deer you killed? I didn't think so gramps![:@]We need to get John to make some stickers to put on bow cases or truck windows or sumthin! I would qualify for one I have bought 3 strings from him.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Has John helped you clean the last 2 deer you killed? I didn't think so gramps![:@]We need to get John to make some stickers to put on bow cases or truck windows or sumthin! I would qualify for one I have bought 3 strings from him.
I'm not going to move out the way when you insist on cleaning my deer. I think you just like to cut on dead stuff, it must be a West Texas thing associate with punching clowns !!
If John had some decals he'd send me some. I did ask him for a patch to put on my shooting shirt, I'm still waiting. And quit being such a PUSS![8D]
Old 01-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've used both and they are both a quality string no doubt. I currently use Vapor Trails or BowTech OEM strings on everything I have.

I am currently running a special on Vapor Trails. PM me if you are interested.

Dan
Old 01-26-2009, 10:48 AM

As Mean2V stated ealier, I too have shot both on different and you would be happy with either one. I currently shoot VaporTrail. Here in Bucknasty's website for pricing and order information. http://www.odproshops.com/bucknasty.htm